Pages:
Author

Topic: What to do with this? - page 2. (Read 3725 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
April 04, 2013, 07:36:34 AM
I agree it's kinda in bad taste to make this public through.

Thank you. I have a feeling a lot of people feel the same way but don't want to speak up against John to some nobody.

I simply don't have enough time to reply to each of your PM's, especially when each got worse in succession. I refrained from posting the PM's until it got to this:

You clearly do not understand the term 'cyber bullying' and the hatred displayed by the members of this forum to my own psychological health. If you do not follow the news, this is a serious offence which is being cracked down upon. And by your latest pm shows that you are now involved. Where's this forum hosted? Netherlands?

Well done. You clearly have no position or right to be a moderator on a forum when you do NOTHING!

Calm down. It was one pm that should have been resolved instantly, it really was not a big task. This further supports how unfit you are to be a mod if you cannot handle ONE simple request. YOU chose to make it difficult.

Why are you so dense? He clearly stated it's agaonst policy, if he did that, it would be undone when admin logged on and John chastised for doing things improperly.

Doing the right thing aint always easy, if it was everyone would do it.

Also it isn't your thread, it belongs to the forum/community, just because we have the ability to remove it doesn't mean we have the right to do so.

I like to think we live in a free society. If someone is bullied in real life or online, THIS IS a legal issue. It does not matter what rules this forum has when the forum MUST abide to the Law. This forum is not above the Law and I do not see why it is so hard for yourself and others to see this. Although as someone mentioned, who is going to stick up for the new guy when everyone is established in bed with John. I do not care to see how this ends. I just wanted to show everyone the true John. I know for a lot of you this is cognitive dissonance so you will react blindly to whoever rises up and shout hatred. But a least I showed post count and online titles DO NOT make you any kind of success.

LOL, so what was done to you that could legaly be described as cyber bullying?

Forget it. Go huddle back up to John. From the thread you can clearly see how I was abused, I apologised as I should have stated investors as it was my own 'noobyness' as your kind would put it. I'm actually going to enjoy my day without wasting time in front of my computer answering Q&A's.

There you have it John. I bet you regretted that. Lucky you are well established and have lots of 'friends' who are blind to the topic as stated in my previous reply. By the way I doubt you even know the term cognitive dissonance, I suggest you look it up. Its the only reason you will ever feel that you have some worth, being so corrupt on these forums to new users.

+1

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
April 04, 2013, 07:33:38 AM

Thank you. I have a feeling a lot of people feel the same way but don't want to speak up against John to some nobody.

I simply don't have enough time to reply to each of your PM's, especially when each got worse in succession. I refrained from posting the PM's until it got to this:

You clearly do not understand the term 'cyber bullying' and the hatred displayed by the members of this forum to my own psychological health. If you do not follow the news, this is a serious offence which is being cracked down upon. And by your latest pm shows that you are now involved. Where's this forum hosted? Netherlands?

Well done. You clearly have no position or right to be a moderator on a forum when you do NOTHING!

Calm down. It was one pm that should have been resolved instantly, it really was not a big task. This further supports how unfit you are to be a mod if you cannot handle ONE simple request. YOU chose to make it difficult.

Why are you so dense? He clearly stated it's agaonst policy, if he did that, it would be undone when admin logged on and John chastised for doing things improperly.

Also it isn't your thread, it belongs to the forum/community, just because we have the ability to remove it doesn't mean we have the right to do so.

I like to think we live in a free society. If someone is bullied in real life or online, THIS IS a legal issue. It does not matter what rules this forum has when the forum MUST abide to the Law. This forum is not above the Law and I do not see why it is so hard for yourself and others to see this. Although as someone mentioned, who is going to stick up for the new guy when everyone is established in bed with John. I do not care to see how this ends. I just wanted to show everyone the true John. I know for a lot of you this is cognitive dissonance so you will react blindly to whoever rises up and shout hatred. But a least I showed post count and online titles DO NOT make you any kind of success.

A free society, except when someone hurts your feelings? Sounds real free.

And an easy solution to "cyber bullying"..log out and get out. Or ignore button.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
April 04, 2013, 07:27:52 AM

LOL, so what was done to you that could legaly be described as cyber bullying?
April 04, 2013, 07:26:40 AM

You obviously have no idea so I would rather you not have an opinion. This started due to myself being cyber bullied (maybe ask your lawyer about that term).

Oh, I saw the threads in question.

We actually had a quite similar situation with a scammer sockpuppet screaming "cyber bullying". Our lawyers response was a hearty laugh and the advice to [not paraphrased]"ban the fucker and all his IPs"[/not paraphrased]

Of course you did. Your input was appreciated.
April 04, 2013, 07:24:49 AM

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009
April 04, 2013, 07:20:41 AM

You obviously have no idea so I would rather you not have an opinion. This started due to myself being cyber bullied (maybe ask your lawyer about that term).

Oh, I saw the threads in question.

We actually had a quite similar situation with a scammer sockpuppet screaming "cyber bullying". Our lawyers response was a hearty laugh and the advice to [not paraphrased]"ban the fucker and all his IPs"[/not paraphrased]
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226
Away on an extended break
April 04, 2013, 07:18:42 AM
On a second note: You mods need an internal forum to discuss stuff like how to appropriately react to situations like this. I can understand theymos wishing to be as open as possible, but washing the linen in public ultimately weakens staff position.
We have one, but I figured that this thread this would clear our stance of similar issues like this. I get PM'ed pretty much times to remove threads/replies where the OP figured that would be an embarrassment to him, or even detract his credibility, and many of them couldn't take it when I said no.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
April 04, 2013, 07:17:40 AM

April 04, 2013, 07:14:59 AM
Yay, drama.

@GoldenAngel, how did John abuse you again? By not removing an outlandish thread?

Don't take it personally - some newbie wants "exciting new business", not hard to see the replies.

How he went about this. Instead of handling it privately in a professional manner. He WAS hoping for people to make an example of me. Back-fired just a bit and now it just detracts from his credibility as a mod. I hope there is an internal investigation into him.

I understand this which is why I apologised and asked for the thread to be removed so I had a chance to really show my worth on this forum and build my reputation before I ever made such a stupid thread again. I understand why so many people are quick to scream scammer etc after reading a lot of these threads on Bitcointalk and I did apologise.

Not realy.
In fact, the regulars think you're quite cute.
April 04, 2013, 07:14:14 AM
On a second note: You mods need an internal forum to discuss stuff like how to appropriately react to situations like this. I can understand theymos wishing to be as open as possible, but washing the linen in public ultimately weakens staff position.
April 04, 2013, 07:13:59 AM

Thought you where checking yourself into the nuthouse to get some happy pills for that butthurt?

I for one am glad of our troll busting overlords.

Spoken like a true troll minion. Thank you!

Oh noz, I am severely butthurt by your comments and demand a million rocks with holes in for the damage you have done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

Speak for yourself Mr. Maturity. I mean 'butthurt'.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
April 04, 2013, 07:13:16 AM
You haven't seen MPOE-PR I guess.

You really don't need to make it bigger, just stop responding to this thread. As you're not a scammer yet you can still make a sockpuppet.
April 04, 2013, 07:13:02 AM
Also, if there's any issues with my moderation feel free to chime in. I'm simply sick of such users that come around, trying to get me do something that they want, and throw a tantrum when they don't. I guess there's some truth to my title there.
<----

Good work John! Everyone clearly thinks your right from all the responses! I'm glad you showed the forum how you abuse your powers and the level of of maturity that you possess. It was a pretty simple request, you are obviously unfit for the job.

A clarification to anyone's who's reading this: As per the forum policy, we do not remove threads where there are replies by other users unless there is express permission by the other participants. OT replies are not included in this policy, of course.

Sorry John, don't back down now. You've really done one here. Also if I wrote a topic, I should be allowed to delete it. If I express distress over a topic that is heated towards me, I should have the right for it to be deleted. If someone asks politely to remove a thread which is affecting them, I would have thought any rational human being in your position would have sympathised.

Yet here we are. Good job John! I really approve of how you moderate these forums (sarcasm) and I think a lot of people have changed how they view you now. Not doing your scabby tip jars any favour, I guess they will slow to a trickle now.  

In real life, when you say something you cannot take it away.
Think of this as ral life.
Deletion on command would be devastating for this forum because people could easily start all kinds of fights and then remove the evidence by deleting the thread.

I understand but I thought if John was a rational normal human being the particular circumstances would have been just.

I think John is pretty rational and he should stick to the forum rules.
Meanwhile, you should read the rules so you know how this whole circus works.
April 04, 2013, 07:12:16 AM
A piece of advice from a mod of a forum a bit larger than this one.

There is a certain class of user we call "legal trolls". This type of troll aims to undermine moderation staff and silence critics by looking for loopholes in the forum rules/netiquette, deliberately misunderstanding wording in forum rules/netiquette and deliberately misapplying legal terms or citing laws that are not even applicable to the forum in question.

It is the digital equivalent to the real world situation where a guy is tying up bouncers in discussion at a club when he is not allowed to enter.

The matter of legal trolls was discussed with our lawyer who came to the following conclusion.

[paraphrased]The solution is of course to remove the offending user from the premises. An internet forum is the digital equivalent to a private club. The club owner is well advised to remove club members that are souring the club by harassing club staff or other club members. He is also well within his rights to do so. Note also that this does NOT constitute an infringement on free speech, because free speech laws in all jurisdictions apply to the relation between government and citizen, NOT to relations between citizen (club owner and stuff) and citizen (club members). [/paraphrased]

You obviously have no idea so I would rather you not have an opinion. This started due to myself being cyber bullied (maybe ask your lawyer about that term). I looked to seek a resolution from a mod who laughed off this attack and then made it public for the forum to laugh at.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226
Away on an extended break
April 04, 2013, 07:12:00 AM

There is a certain class of user we call "legal trolls". This type of troll aims to undermine moderation staff and silence critics by looking for loopholes in the forum rules/netiquette, deliberately misunderstanding wording in forum rules/netiquette and deliberately misapplying legal terms or citing laws that are not even applicable to the forum in question.

It is the digital equivalent to the real world situation where a guy is tying up bouncers in discussion at a club when he is not allowed to enter.

The matter of legal trolls was discussed with our lawyer who came to the following conclusion.

[paraphrased]The solution is of course to remove the offending user from the premises. An internet forum is the digital equivalent to a private club. The club owner is well advised to remove club members that are souring the club by harassing club staff or other club members. He is also well within his rights to do so. Note also that this does NOT constitute an infringement on free speech, because free speech laws in all jurisdictions apply to the relation between government and citizen, NOT to relations between citizen (club owner and stuff) and citizen (club members). [/paraphrased]

Thank you - I learnt something new today.
April 04, 2013, 07:09:06 AM

April 04, 2013, 07:08:43 AM

Not going to defend someone who presents every sign of a scammer. Your desperation on having the thread deleted transpires. Besides, you even PM'd me requesting the deletion... Roll Eyes

Yeah and because you were hopeless. I had to ask John who handled it really well. Not.
April 04, 2013, 07:07:08 AM
@GoldenAngel
And what about the feelings of the people who you try to cheat with your other accounts like "Peter.z"?
How many accounts you have opened else to cheat other people? 5? 10?
I think it's time, the admin start to delete all your accounts, bevor you can cheat more people!

Just got this PM from GoldenAngel:

Hey mate,

Can you please send me some pictures of your ASIC avalon with a piece of paper saying 'Peterz' in it.

Its for an April fools joke and would be really appreciated!

Please let me know and I'll give you my email to attach pictures. Doesn't matter if its a bit late, still will be super funny.

"peter.z" trying to sell in the German Forum 2 Fake-Avalons
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1651503
The interpretations I leave you!

Regards
Tinu
Okay, this escalated quickly....

I guess he's also behind
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/vermiete-65ghs-monatsanteile-161540

I am clearly behind that thread.. And your the leader of North Korea. Grow up.
April 04, 2013, 07:04:53 AM
@GoldenAngel
And what about the feelings of the people who you try to cheat with your other accounts like "Peter.z"?
How many accounts you have opened else to cheat other people? 5? 10?
I think it's time, the admin start to delete all your accounts, bevor you can cheat more people!

Just got this PM from GoldenAngel:

Hey mate,

Can you please send me some pictures of your ASIC avalon with a piece of paper saying 'Peterz' in it.

Its for an April fools joke and would be really appreciated!

Please let me know and I'll give you my email to attach pictures. Doesn't matter if its a bit late, still will be super funny.

"peter.z" trying to sell in the German Forum 2 Fake-Avalons
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1651503
The interpretations I leave you!

Regards
Tinu

Great accusations with no merit. Do I sound German or have a German IP? No. Was that for an April fools joke? Yes. You had a try, well done.... But failed.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
April 04, 2013, 07:03:51 AM

If he actually handled that request there probably would topics complaining about it in meta when someone sees https://bitcointalk.org/modlog.php
Pages:
Jump to: