Pages:
Author

Topic: What to mine with old 20 CPUs - page 2. (Read 475 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
March 09, 2018, 12:57:46 PM
Hello everyone this is my first post and i really hope to get replied to soon Cheesy
Well as you know the heading is what to mine with 20 cpus (no gpus)
well the  The thing is i ve managed to ge access to 20 cpu most of them are intel i3 and unfortunately windows xp (8 of them). But i dont pay any electricity so i was wondering which coins to mine whether i should mine different coins or one specific coin Huh
And which script is the best for cpu mining would really help me out.
I dont intend to make a huge profit. But just wanted to maximize my profit to create a nice faucet later on
I might hold the coins for a year or 2 so whatever coin which would "go to the moon" in that time tell me about it
Thank you Cheesy

Before monero is the best to mine with CPU's, but right now I don't know if what are the best for CPU mining these days.

Anyway, you can use http://whattomine.com/ and put the hashrate of your cpu at cryptonight field.

but first, you need to test your CPU's with this claymore CPU miner here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-cryptonote-windows-cpu-miner-v40-647251

And put your hashrate into whattomine.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
March 09, 2018, 12:46:12 PM
Hello everyone this is my first post and i really hope to get replied to soon Cheesy
Well as you know the heading is what to mine with 20 cpus (no gpus)
well the  The thing is i ve managed to ge access to 20 cpu most of them are intel i3 and unfortunately windows xp (8 of them). But i dont pay any electricity so i was wondering which coins to mine whether i should mine different coins or one specific coin Huh
And which script is the best for cpu mining would really help me out.
I dont intend to make a huge profit. But just wanted to maximize my profit to create a nice faucet later on I might hold the coins for a year or 2 so whatever coin which would "go to the moon" in that time tell me about it
Thank you Cheesy

P.S
Those CPUs are not mine i dont need to worry about cooling i get no loss even if they explode. They belong to a cybercafe and they r on 18hrs a day so y waste it? also i need to know whether to use hoDL algorithm or cryptonite or any other better scrypt/coin

Pages:
Jump to: