Pages:
Author

Topic: What tools do you use for technical analysis? - page 2. (Read 317 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 103
September 10, 2018, 03:48:25 AM
Looking to get into crypto trading and I'm curious what tools do you use for technical analysis?
The current scenario technical analysis is not useful in crypto because market is totally unpredictable so long term trading technical analysis is good in this situation. I suggest we should check the previous chart and project overview but I don't recommend any tools because we can analyse our convinence way.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
September 10, 2018, 03:05:29 AM
Looking to get into crypto trading and I'm curious what tools do you use for technical analysis?
Candlestick is the technical indicators I used in my trading and I am an expert in using and interpreting candlestick formations.  I believe that if you know how to used technical indicators for cryptocurrencies you will always know when to invest and when to sell.  I just know that many newbies are losing money because they did not know how to interpret candlesticks formation and patterns.
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 10, 2018, 02:07:21 AM

I only use technical analysis to create strategy day after day, never use fundamental analysis. MACD, MA and SO is my technical combination but always use long term period to calculate my stop loss and take profit area. Even not always have big profit but learn about market works is fun and make me smart.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
September 10, 2018, 01:42:46 AM
On PC I use tradingview on mobile I'm using Tabtrader. Most of the indicators that I'm using is bollinger bands, RSI, MACD, 4EMA(On trading view made by philakone),stochastic RSI.

Isn't using tradingview a bit complex? Where did you trade btw? Why don't use the internal trading tools by the exchange that you use?

Tabtrader is a nice choice, support many exchange sites and you can trade directly with it. You can try FoxyTrader too, however it only support Bittrex account last time I used it.
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
Ximply for president!!!
September 10, 2018, 12:56:31 AM
On PC I use tradingview on mobile I'm using Tabtrader. Most of the indicators that I'm using is bollinger bands, RSI, MACD, 4EMA(On trading view made by philakone),stochastic RSI.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789
September 10, 2018, 12:42:24 AM

Not really sure what do you mean by "tools". Did you mean indicator? Bollinger Bands, MACD and etc for me is indicator/technical indicator, so probably we have a different understanding here.

But if you really mean something like Bollinger Bands and etc, then I use plenty of them. It also depends on your trading style though, do you like scalping? Then BB and StochRSI with MACD is probably a good combination. You should also learn about the timeframe and EMA/SMA as it is important to understand the long-term price movement (probability).

Visit babypips and investopedia, you can start learning from there.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
September 09, 2018, 05:44:26 PM

Volume analysis. Very high volume often indicates a reversal point, because it means large scale accumulation or distribution is happening. If you have access to it, horizontal volume profiles are really useful for identifying where volume-based support and resistance are on the chart.

Secondly, price pivots (highs and lows) and areas of sideways consolidation often represent support and resistance. These are often good areas to take profit and then wait for a new entry.

Thirdly, I really like Bollinger Bands. When the bands are tight (we call it "squeezing"), price usually trends hard once it breaks out of the bands. The upper and lower bands are useful as short term overbought/oversold signals, and price often reverts to the middle band (20MA).
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
September 09, 2018, 05:09:51 PM
Pages:
Jump to: