Pages:
Author

Topic: what trading strategies could a trading bot implement? - page 2. (Read 297 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
There cannot be any limitation for this as implementing a strategy is not a big deal whereas innovating strategies is.

Mostly coders do bots with their recent favorites and I have seen more than 50% of crypto and forex bots are different level of moving average (MA) cross-over based. Probably it is a simple strategy to implement in bots as altering basic parameters of moving average method will enable each bots looks like different one for non-technical people.

I have seen bots on pivot points (buying at support and selling at resistance) based bots too and the complex bot I had come across is based on elliiot waves. Some devs are revealing like implementing multiple strategies but not sure what they have implemented in codes as manual performance tracking will produce different signals. This is why I have concluded that using a bot for my trading is more or less similar to hiring an account manager for my funds. Both will trade on their own and may fail at critical market conditions.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
recently i have been seeing a lot of trading bot advertisement, not just on bitcointalk but elsewhere too. most of them are either crappy or scam but anyways it made me think about different strategies that a trading bot could implement.

there are two things that i am already aware of and also have implemented:
- basic trading, market watchers, stop loss and pump watchers, showing charts,...
- different arbitrage strategies.

i am also aware of some high rate and ping pong strategies which i really hate.
what else can you give me, maybe strategies you have seen in a bot you used before or strategies you think go well with a trading bot?
Pages:
Jump to: