Pages:
Author

Topic: What video games do you play? - page 96. (Read 174681 times)

b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
September 21, 2013, 12:08:37 AM
The graphics are very realistic Smiley
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
b!z
legendary
September 20, 2013, 05:53:48 AM
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 19, 2013, 03:48:34 PM
That's why the only MMORPG I play when I get the itch is Guild Wars 2.
b!z
legendary
September 19, 2013, 02:23:06 AM
It's very repetitive. More a chore than a game

You mean Star Trek online? I played few online games and the quests were boring. No big storyline

Many MMORPG games are similar. Grind grind grind, level level level to raise your level.

Because everyone wants to be the highest level so they can boast to their friends. Everyone is too status hungry. I get bored if I have mastered a game or I'm higher than anybody else. Entertainment first!

There are only 2 styles of MMORPG's:
The first one, and that sucks a lot, is the money based, common on F2P. The more cash you waste, better itens you have.
And the second, is the grind based. Get to the highest level, and now grind in-game money to buy itens from other players and grind to find itens for yourself or to sell.

Most MMORPG's you don't need to be skilled while playing it, just need to be better (lvl, itens, perks, magics or whatever is needed), and other thing that sucks is the history and the quests. Most quests have nothing to do with a good history, like, why you need to kill X wolves? Who knows that you really killed 20 wolves?
It is not like singleplayer RPG's, like Dungeon Siege 2 where the quests progress some history and are like: find me the hidden treasure, contact the outpost and see what's going on, destroy enemy nearby towers and so on.

Basically, they don't require any skill. Only time.And have nothing to contribute to the story.

Exactly. Either pay to win, or no life to win.
Activity: 434
September 19, 2013, 12:17:09 AM
These days mostly SolForge and League of Legends.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
September 19, 2013, 12:06:31 AM
magic the gathering duels of the planeswalkers 2014
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT
September 18, 2013, 11:52:53 PM
Forgot to mention I also play a ton of

1. Team Fortress 2 (Team Fortress 1 not so much)

2. Saints Row Series (Saints Row 1 , 2 , 3 and 4)

3. Grand Theft Auto Series (All the games in the series looking forward to GTA V)

4. Burnout Series (Burnout Revenge is my favourite and second favorite is Burnout Paradise)
staff
Activity: 3290
Merit: 4114
September 18, 2013, 02:02:08 PM

You mean Star Trek online? I played few online games and the quests were boring. No big storyline

Many MMORPG games are similar. Grind grind grind, level level level to raise your level.

Because everyone wants to be the highest level so they can boast to their friends. Everyone is too status hungry. I get bored if I have mastered a game or I'm higher than anybody else. Entertainment first!

The first one, and that sucks a lot, is the money based, common on F2P. The more cash you waste, better itens you have.
And the second, is the grind based. Get to the highest level, and now grind in-game money to buy itens from other players and grind to find itens for yourself or to sell.

Most MMORPG's you don't need to be skilled while playing it, just need to be better (lvl, itens, perks, magics or whatever is needed), and other thing that sucks is the history and the quests. Most quests have nothing to do with a good history, like, why you need to kill X wolves? Who knows that you really killed 20 wolves?
It is not like singleplayer RPG's, like Dungeon Siege 2 where the quests progress some history and are like: find me the hidden treasure, contact the outpost and see what's going on, destroy enemy nearby towers and so on.

Basically, they don't require any skill. Only time.And have nothing to contribute to the story.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
English <-> Portuguese translations
September 18, 2013, 11:38:02 AM

staff
September 18, 2013, 10:19:14 AM

b!z
legendary
September 18, 2013, 10:13:42 AM

Activity: 191
Dadice Fixed Rate.
staff
September 17, 2013, 08:00:06 PM

Looked at some gameplay and does look very repetitive. But. I may tr if just to see if I like it.
Activity: 196
Google/YouTube
September 17, 2013, 07:58:45 PM
What is a GhanaGameboy?
Dadice Fixed Rate.
September 17, 2013, 07:57:02 PM

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
September 17, 2013, 07:37:54 PM
Dadice Fixed Rate.
September 17, 2013, 07:29:10 PM
star trek online has me hooked since the romulans became a playable race Smiley

I have never played Star trek. Time to watch the gameplay.

I have played few Star Trek games, but never the online one. I might give it try later, Thanx for a tip  Smiley
staff
September 17, 2013, 07:13:07 PM

I have never played Star trek. Time to watch the gameplay.
Activity: 308
September 17, 2013, 05:56:48 PM
Pages:
Jump to: