Pages:
Author

Topic: What wallet do you prefer? - page 5. (Read 1870 times)

copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
October 05, 2019, 06:56:47 PM
>>> Go ahead, what is your favorite wallet and why?
Well, it all depends. I have almost all type of wallet, paper wallet for backup for some of my wallet which I made for vanity type, while for ease of use I much prefer using a mobile wallet which is mycelium, I keep using it even though its buggy wallet af.
Web wallets are for my altcoins that nano s don't support, no BTC save there, while hardware wallets is for my long term savings which I know its secured as proven, and I have the core desktop wallet though I don't store any bitcoin there, just want to contribute to the network.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 273
October 05, 2019, 06:46:02 PM
Actually I don't understand this question. Why we should use wallets? What is wrong with Exchanges. Yes sometimes exchanges get hacked but. Holding your assets on Binance, Huobi, Coinbase. What's wrong with it? Why do I need to use desktop wallets or mobile wallets? What are the benefits of using it? That's just my opinion and maybe someone tell me why should I use a desktop wallet instead of exchange wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
September 28, 2019, 04:13:11 PM
paper wallet is the best wallet in terms of security. It is all so easy to set up so you don't have to worry about losing your Bitcoins as long as you remember where you keep it and you keep it safe from potential intruders.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 2540
<>
September 21, 2019, 04:39:07 AM
You left off one category in your list... exchange wallets. I would bet that most people use them the most even though they are the least secure.

Yes, it is good to remember this, exchanges are surely the worst place to store your stash, whether small or large, it is a very repeated phrase but it is the reality:

Not your keys not your Bitcoin.

As the market and Bitcoin move forward, more wallet proposals will come, I think there will be more competition in hardware wallets, easier to use, more intuitive to make work easier for new adopters.
Activity: 1197
Merit: 482
September 16, 2019, 09:42:55 AM
I avoid mobile wallets, too many exploits. Air gapped hardware wallet is the best solution for me with handwritten paper being a close second only because it is less convenient.

You left off one category in your list... exchange wallets. I would bet that most people use them the most even though they are the least secure.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 5630
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
September 16, 2019, 09:38:09 AM
I would say that the type of wallet depends on what we need to do with cryptocurrency. For example if I want to just hold for long-term, then a paper wallet is the best choice, but private key/seed is always better to save on more durable materials like steel (engraved).

For daily use of small amounts almost any desktop/mobile wallet will serve the purpose, but for bigger amounts used on daily basis hardware wallet is the best choice.
Activity: 882
Merit: 14
September 15, 2019, 05:05:45 PM
For Bitcoin and all supported altcoins i have i'm 100% for Hardware Wallets. I personally use a Trezor one and a ledger nano S. Both are very good hardware wallets, balance between safety and usability is perfect for me.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
September 15, 2019, 04:56:03 PM
I use multiple types of wallets, but hardware wallet Ledger Nano S is my prefered option. I have it for almost 2 years and it was one of the best my investments in crypto world so far. Previously I held my coins on web wallets and I was sure that nothing bad won't happen to me. But later I realized that's not safe place to keep coins and bought hardware wallet.
But I still use web wallet sometimes. I'm just too lazy to connect my Ledger to PC every time when I want to send my BTC. So, I keep little BTC on web wallet for my daily needs and I also have Coinomi wallet on my mobile.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
August 21, 2019, 03:29:16 PM
I keep my bitcoin for long term investment using paper wallet, this is safest way for me, and i backup keys with many paper  Cheesy Cheesy. But for weekly trading/business purpose i used electrum. I never want to use hardware wallet, not because of security but sometimes i forget mini things such as USB etc. Bit careless
Activity: 966
Merit: 132
August 18, 2019, 03:01:33 PM
For security, ease of use, durability over time, there are several wallets available:

- Types of wallets

• Paper wallet
  • Web wallet
  • Mobile wallet
  • Desktop wallet
  • Hardware wallet

A wallet secures your coins.

The exchange is not safe, your coins are in danger, "if you don't have your keys, you don't have your bitcoins", don't trust exchanges.

If you think the exchanges are safe, I invite you to visit this thread to convince you otherwise > https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hacked-exchanges-since-2011-5090869

Never download software or updates on third-party pages.

Some of the most recognized wallets:

- Desktop

• Bitcoin Core
  • Electrum
  • Wasabi

- Hardware

• Trezor
  • Ledger
  • KeepKey
  • Coldcard

- Mobile

• Mycelium
  • Electrum

My favorite wallet, is the Bitcoin Core desktop wallet, is very easy to use and at the same time, allows you to maintain a Full Node to contribute to the Bitcoin network, in my case it works 24/7 and also because I consider it very safe.
I do not rule out buying a hardware wallet one day, but for the moment not, maybe with the answers of this thread someone manages to convince me, we will see...

To save coins for a long time, it is better to use a paper wallet.
But hardware wallet is best since downloading blockchain in the future is not a good idea.
If I use permanent transfers, then I will choose electrum, for its mobility which allows me to use the wallet on my computer and phone.
Activity: 182
Merit: 31
August 17, 2019, 03:22:01 PM
Mycelium has been so good for me and I have some level of sense of security using the wallet. But that is for small amount of Bitcoin. The moment my coins begins to go up to 5BTC, I'll have to switch to cold wallet. When that time comes, Trezor is my number one choice.

The true beauty of cold wallet is that you will have your Crypto secured in your Trezor and tuck it into your back pocket with absolutely nothing to worry about, since it's not connected to the internet. You can easily put all your wealth in your pocket and still sleep peacefully at night. The possibility of hacking into cold wallet is almost zero.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
August 12, 2019, 12:49:18 PM
Electrum. It does the job fast, with or without hardware wallet, depending on what you want.
I know that Bitcoin Core would be ideal, but I just I don't have the patience to leave it sync.
legendary
<>
August 12, 2019, 02:58:55 AM
Currently there are Bitcoin users who also use paper wallets, the safest way to generate the wallet is to download the github file and generate the wallet on a computer that has never connected to the Internet and will never connect, now we have a cold wallet.
Activity: 615
Merit: 154
CEO of Metaisland.gg and W.O.K Corp
August 10, 2019, 06:49:30 AM

Desktop Wallet Bitcoin Core, no hesitation.
legendary
<>
August 10, 2019, 06:36:17 AM
For security, ease of use, durability over time, there are several wallets available:

- Types of wallets

• Paper wallet
  • Web wallet
  • Mobile wallet
  • Desktop wallet
  • Hardware wallet

A wallet secures your coins.

The exchange is not safe, your coins are in danger, "if you don't have your keys, you don't have your bitcoins", don't trust exchanges.

If you think the exchanges are safe, I invite you to visit this thread to convince you otherwise > https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/hacked-exchanges-since-2011-5090869

Never download software or updates on third-party pages.

Some of the most recognized wallets:

- Desktop

• Bitcoin Core
  • Electrum
  • Wasabi

- Hardware

• Trezor
  • Ledger
  • KeepKey
  • Coldcard

- Mobile

• Mycelium
  • Electrum

My favorite wallet, is the Bitcoin Core desktop wallet, is very easy to use and at the same time, allows you to maintain a Full Node to contribute to the Bitcoin network, in my case it works 24/7 and also because I consider it very safe.
I do not rule out buying a hardware wallet one day, but for the moment not, maybe with the answers of this thread someone manages to convince me, we will see...

Pages:
Jump to: