Pages:
Author

Topic: What wallet do you use for your Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 5973 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
September 09, 2014, 10:47:56 AM
Is the wallet web or for PC? Are the fees paid by the company? Can you give me the link?

~~MZ~~
web wallet
using exchanger like bittrex, mintpal, poloniex and any other
if i just one wallet like for pc, it take so much fee if i want to sent my btc into other exchanger
so just let them into exchanger and if i want to sent  to another exchanger, i prefer exchange with doge first and then sent into other exchanger

I understand! I suggest you to use a normal wallet. Exchange isn't safe. If they go away or if they get hacked, your coin goes. So try to think about safety of your whole coins than some pennies. Use a wallet atleast for Bitcoin. Smiley

~~MZ~~
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
September 09, 2014, 09:12:40 AM
blockchain.info is more user friendly compared to others.
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
September 09, 2014, 03:41:26 AM
I use Coinbase.com wallet.

This is not a real wallet. You don't have access to the private keys. Any time you're moving coins, it's more like you're asking them to move it for you. If the site disappears, so will your coins.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
September 09, 2014, 03:15:45 AM
Breadwallet on iOS. Pretty sleak and easy. HD too. The rest of my coins I keep temporarily on circle/coinbase or on paperwallets. I don't really use other wallets. I've tried a few.
Activity: 42
September 09, 2014, 02:11:56 AM
Coinbase isn't a wallet but an exchange, if you want to secure your coins use Electrum or Armory or Bitcoin Core.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
World Class Cryptonaire
September 09, 2014, 02:04:10 AM
Guys I'd suggest staying away from keeping all of your coins on coinbase or on exchange websites unless you want to run the risk of being goxx'ed at some point. The safest way is to have them on your PC with either an electrum seed or armory seed so that in the case of your PC crashing you can still recover all of your coins with your written down seed. Get some good antivirus software, don't visit cr4zy w3bw4rz websites and keep your coins in YOUR possession.
Activity: 938
September 09, 2014, 01:57:37 AM
Is the wallet web or for PC? Are the fees paid by the company? Can you give me the link?

~~MZ~~
web wallet
using exchanger like bittrex, mintpal, poloniex and any other
if i just one wallet like for pc, it take so much fee if i want to sent my btc into other exchanger
so just let them into exchanger and if i want to sent  to another exchanger, i prefer exchange with doge first and then sent into other exchanger
Activity: 81
September 08, 2014, 10:36:56 AM
coinbase is working for me.
Activity: 107
September 08, 2014, 06:29:43 AM
I only use the safe and trusted wallet bitcoincore and blockchain
September 08, 2014, 03:57:44 AM
for the first time i use the web wallet from blockchain.info
now never use it no more
i prefer using wallet exchanger, because i can don't have to worry about fee

~~MZ~~
Activity: 938
September 08, 2014, 12:02:27 AM
for the first time i use the web wallet from blockchain.info
now never use it no more
i prefer using wallet exchanger, because i can don't have to worry about fee
Activity: 93
Imagine Me and You
September 07, 2014, 10:54:45 PM
coinbase and bitcoincore
Activity: 77
September 07, 2014, 02:08:30 PM
I use blockchain wallet as I never had any troubles using them. BTC-e seems like a great option too.
Activity: 507
Merit: 250
September 07, 2014, 01:34:50 PM
Also paper wallet will be secure.  Grin
September 07, 2014, 07:23:43 AM
Is there any halfway decent app for iPhone? Or anything in the works?
I either use my android tablet or the blockchain website, but both are cumbersome...

Hive got released recently for ios. I think it supports both BTC and LTC (not sure). I have been wanting to try it but my phone's ios is too old

Does Hive let you create an account to save your wallets to? I'm worried that my wallet will be lost if my phone is reset/broken for any reason.

Nope. You just want to save your pass phrase. Even if your phone breaks, you can use web by entering the paraphrase.

Is there any halfway decent app for iPhone? Or anything in the works?
I either use my android tablet or the blockchain website, but both are cumbersome...

Try bitWallet. Best iOS wallet so far. If you just want to use only 1 address, then coinpocket is a better one but I don't suggest using a wallet having only one address forever. Otherwise, you can use web wallets like hive, Blockchain, GreenAddress, ANX etc... Web wallets isn't secure. So IMO, bitWallet is the best option. I hope an iOS developer would develop Mycelium for iOS. Waiting for that day! Smiley

~~MZ~~
Activity: 868
Merit: 1001
https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service
September 06, 2014, 01:40:17 AM
If you have 2-factor set up and aern't lax with the security of your wallet.dat file you should be fine. The only people who ever lose funds in these hacks are when they haven't got 2-factor set up.

Nope. I have seen multiple posts here in bitcointalk, from people who had their coins stolen from blockchain.info despite enabling the 2-factor set up. If the hacker somehow succeeds in installing a keylogger or other spyware, then even the 2-factor authorization will be of very little use. Also, a lot of hacks are also occurring as a result of phishing links.
This is likely because the hacker would somehow gain access to a backup of the encrypted wallet file. AFAIK 2FA on blockchain.info is only specific to the identifier (username) of the wallet, if someone were to import a backup to another identifier then 2FA would not be required to spend the bitcoin.
Activity: 109
September 05, 2014, 06:48:28 AM
Using blockchain.info and bitcoincore
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
September 03, 2014, 11:17:21 AM
CoinBase 100%
September 03, 2014, 10:54:11 AM
My favourite is Electrum, it sync in a second and it's simple to use.
September 03, 2014, 10:49:09 AM
I use blockchain.info and Android wallet.

I'm also using blockchain.info but I didn't mention it before because I only use it for small amounts then I send all to my Multibit wallet.
Pages:
Jump to: