Pages:
Author

Topic: What was the highest waste of money that you don't regret? - page 2. (Read 152 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Spending hundreds of euros on broken musical instruments because they were pretty. I have since bought spare parts and started repairing them.

I found my destiny.
Activity: 21
A quick 7 day trip to Maui in February a couple years ago with one of my teenage daughters, who happened to be free the same week I had off. Work was grinding me down and I needed a break.

My wife and the rest of the family couldn't go, they were working or in school. The tickets were expensive, $850 each for bare-bones economy narrow rock hard seats, it was a 12 hour flight that was packed to the brim - I was getting bedsores by the time we arrived.

We rented snorkeling gear and a car, and spent every day from dawn to dusk snorkeling, sitting on the beaches and hiking in the mountains; we did the Hana road, the Seven Sacred Pools and the Haleakalā volcano national park at sunset, and took tons of photos. We ate spam musubi for breakfast, poke and somen noodles for lunch and loco moko for supper. Slept like babies with the windows open wide in the cool nighttime breezes.

The best way to blow $5,000 EVER. So much what I needed at that point in my life.
Activity: 13
Just shy of $20,000 to go to Antarctica travelling solo (small cruise ship). More than I've spent on every other vacation I've taken combined.

Was one of the best trips of my life. It also gave me enough space and clarity to realize how toxic my ex was to me so that I could find the strength to leave not long after I got back.

I'll always want to go back to Antarctica. The inner peace I found there changed my life.
Pages:
Jump to: