Pages:
Author

Topic: What we are experiencing right now is the norm - page 2. (Read 1467 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Usually, at this time of year, we experience a quiet time (of summer). I was checking Bitcoin price charts and I have noticed that Bitcoin price calms down (nearly stable, just the normal fluctuations) before the end of may, and starts rising again in the mid of June, and dumps again in the mid of July, stays calm for a while, then start rising again at the beginning of September.

So I think buying Bitcoin at the best price would be either now or in July.

Bitcoin does not follow a set pattern. Plus there are hardly enough data points to get a conclusive inference.
People have tried to attribute trading patterns - after halving the price rises, in a calendar year the price rises, etc.
But give it enough time and there will be exceptions to observed patterns.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
nice analysis but i am sorry to say this but : meh.

when you get deeper in what has been happening in each of these times and try to compare it with things that are happening now, then this theory seems more like a coincidence rather than something to rely on for future speculation.
but that is just my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
Usually, at this time of year, we experience a quiet time (of summer). I was checking Bitcoin price charts and I have noticed that Bitcoin price calms down (nearly stable, just the normal fluctuations) before the end of may, and starts rising again in the mid of June, and dumps again in the mid of July, stays calm for a while, then start rising again at the beginning of September.

No you are wrong. It's not nearly stable just because the price was slow down. Also you can't based the past events on how bitcoin price will behaves to the current day.

What if the price goes on a rampage again by July? The best price to buy bitcoins is not the point here but the ability of a person to take the risk. Since we all don't know what will happen to bitcoin price in the past days, we can't have a good speculation of the exact date when will be the best time to buy. If you believe that bitcoin price will increase more in the following months then just do the buying and face all the risks.

In my experience in btc, i would agree that most of the prices are increasing during summer times. It increases and it reaches a certain stability. Next year maybe the same cycle would be observed but im sure that the price will also during the next summer. It is norm because it has ascended to its original price the advertisement it is experiencing now is ore popular than that of last year. So i hope btc and also other coins especially can increase price so at least there is something worth to be waiting.

A lot was very into speculating right now I think they are very impatient of the fluctuation of bitcoin and the increase in the price it does, but I think we have a great value price right now and bitcoin didn't get back down on the $1500 we should be thankful right now and wait for the big increase of price with bitcoin because July 1 is a big day for Australia because the government is accepting bitcoin in their country.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028
When Russia join Japanese's trail , I'm think the value will got higher since Russia also has a great economy compare with others
Bitcoin's demand will increase significantly so it will impact on bitcoin.

For now, bitcoin reach stable value at the moment until Rusia's turn
Activity: 546
Merit: 250

No you are wrong. It's not nearly stable just because the price was slow down. Also you can't based the past events on how bitcoin price will behaves to the current day.

What if the price goes on a rampage again by July? The best price to buy bitcoins is not the point here but the ability of a person to take the risk. Since we all don't know what will happen to bitcoin price in the past days, we can't have a good speculation of the exact date when will be the best time to buy. If you believe that bitcoin price will increase more in the following months then just do the buying and face all the risks.

In my experience in btc, i would agree that most of the prices are increasing during summer times. It increases and it reaches a certain stability. Next year maybe the same cycle would be observed but im sure that the price will also during the next summer. It is norm because it has ascended to its original price the advertisement it is experiencing now is ore popular than that of last year. So i hope btc and also other coins especially can increase price so at least there is something worth to be waiting.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

Activity: 266
Merit: 103
There is nothing similar to the things happening in relevance to the seasonal change. With bitcoin everything happens depending on the demand to the supply market. These days the more and more investment as well users were getting into bitcoin usage. This increases the requirement, but due to the calculated availability the demand causes a price surge. In the past the price dump took place when the inflow was quite not stable due to the Chinese exchanges. Once Japan entered everything went good along with increasing price.

^^This

Bitcoin does not have seasonal price fluctuations. It may have behaved the way you are describing last year but it is not more likely to behave that way this year. Furthermore, the price is not remotely stable right now... it is flying all over the place like crazy every day. It is stable compared to last week but it is still a ridiculously unstable investment.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 548
8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!
There is nothing similar to the things happening in relevance to the seasonal change. With bitcoin everything happens depending on the demand to the supply market. These days the more and more investment as well users were getting into bitcoin usage. This increases the requirement, but due to the calculated availability the demand causes a price surge. In the past the price dump took place when the inflow was quite not stable due to the Chinese exchanges. Once Japan entered everything went good along with increasing price.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
Last year there was that Bitfinex hack that caused the July price dump.
I don`t want to search for patterns in the bitcoin price charts.Anything can happen.
Some big platform might be hacked and the price might return back to 1000 USD or even lower.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 288
Cashback 15%

Pages:
Jump to: