Pages:
Author

Topic: What will be the best Altcoin? - page 2. (Read 1871 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17
December 11, 2013, 05:41:25 PM
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
December 11, 2013, 05:24:31 PM
Namecoin is the only altcoin with a strong reason to exist. Most other alts are very slight variations on a theme, and I don't think that's a good reason to exist. *Because* LTC is the second most popular coin, and because of the short block time, and super low fees (in part because of the lower value of LTC) I think LTC has some value, but it's still just a slight variation on BTC.

If one of the proof-of-stake coins does things "right" (no central checkpointing, prevents gaming the blockchain, etc) that would be very worthy of people's use, but I am unaware of a proof-of-stake coin that avoids the above.

In short, I think Namecoin is clearly the best Altcoin, as it offers something new, maybe LTC as a third.

I predict LTC will continue to be #2 though, because people never listen to me ;-)

Read my post on Namecoin being the Platinum of cryptos.

http://www.legitcoinage.com/?p=90
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
December 11, 2013, 06:00:36 AM
I chose Ripple (not a coin), because I think that this poll is a joke.

Main contenders are left out...
Activity: 764
Merit: 500
December 11, 2013, 05:59:34 AM
Ripple isn't a coin. NMC is missing. I voted PPC. By the end of next year it will be clear.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
December 11, 2013, 05:56:59 AM
Namecoin is the only altcoin with a strong reason to exist. Most other alts are very slight variations on a theme, and I don't think that's a good reason to exist. *Because* LTC is the second most popular coin, and because of the short block time, and super low fees (in part because of the lower value of LTC) I think LTC has some value, but it's still just a slight variation on BTC.

If one of the proof-of-stake coins does things "right" (no central checkpointing, prevents gaming the blockchain, etc) that would be very worthy of people's use, but I am unaware of a proof-of-stake coin that avoids the above.

In short, I think Namecoin is clearly the best Altcoin, as it offers something new, maybe LTC as a third.

I predict LTC will continue to be #2 though, because people never listen to me ;-)

Good analyse of the situation, I believe Namecoin will become #1 Altcoin only after the decentralized dns records become necessary
Activity: 10
December 11, 2013, 05:37:20 AM

Activity: 53
December 11, 2013, 05:21:11 AM
 I suppose LTC. QRK could be third.
Activity: 7
December 11, 2013, 05:15:16 AM
What coins should we invest in and why?
Pages:
Jump to: