Pages:
Author

Topic: What will happen if a site like MyEtherWallet close? - page 2. (Read 420 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101
Worst case scenario would be if the page ever got owned and someone hijacked it with a little javascript keylogger. Only then would you see a whole world of pain in the crypto sphere.
Activity: 766
Merit: 509
This is the same that happens with the paper wallets, only that it is on Ethereum.

A lot of people are afraid of what can happen to theirselves if their wallet from MEW gets compromised if they shut down the site, obviously that nothing is going to happen to their eth's, because we all know that it has only been generated based on a paper wallet.

And you can even print that wallet and keep it for the rest of your life, if i am not wrong, the same happens with the blockchain.info wallet, you can still access to your funds using another wallet and exporting your private key, so yes, there is no way that they can stole your funds if they decide to close their doors.
Activity: 208
Merit: 100
Nothing is going to happen. You have your private keys and you can have access to your fund in many other places.
Activity: 336
It's not a web wallet where you put your Ether and we store them for you. You don't have a login and nothing ever gets saved to our servers. It is simply an interface that allows you to do things you normally would do via command line so, if MyEtherWallet goes down, you would have to find another way to do what theyare doing. But you wouldn't have to "get" your ether out of MyEtherWallet because it's not in MyEtherWallet. It's in whatever wallet your generated via the site.
Activity: 350
Merit: 13
Maybe it's a stupid question but... if a wallet like MyEtherWallet decides to close... what will happen to my wallet that I have in MEW?
I can have access in another way?

Nothing that will affect your wallet.
You can download the whole webpage from https://github.com/MyEtherWallet
Activity: 602
Maybe it's a stupid question but... if a wallet like MyEtherWallet decides to close... what will happen to my wallet that I have in MEW?
I can have access in another way?
Pages:
Jump to: