Pages:
Author

Topic: What will happen if banks / governments join the party? - page 2. (Read 395 times)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
I was wondering what would happen if governments or banks (finally) will join the party of digital / crypto currencies? Right now they seem to act like the music / film industry and act via closing exchanges etc. and trying to stop something that will probably not go away.

If at a certain point they jump to the conclusion that this is the way forward and start using / supporting crypto currencies with e.g. a government / bank coin including all guarantees, will this end other crypto currencies? See https://www.fxempire.com/education/article/the-next-cryptocurrency-evolution-countries-issue-their-own-digital-currency-443966

i doubt so called "goverments" and "licensed" "banks"

will continue to keep their nimbus to exclude others, they will become marginallised by cryptoeconomics,
Activity: 2002
Merit: 269
If thats happens im sure ripple's value will go moon,as it is created for the banks.
I have the same opinion, I have this feeling that was part of Ripple roadmap and they have seen banks will join the party and they have a ready system for them so it's now time to buy Ripple if that the future holds for crypto currency but I don't link that idea cryptocurrency should be anonymous.
Activity: 266
Merit: 151
First crypto index traded as a token!
If banks and governments join in, there will be some regulation. Banks will make the biggest profits and governments will also grab their share. That means the whole idea of decentralised currency will be diminished. Banks will use it as a trading product, governments will maybe ban the current cryptocurrencies and create their own, in order to have more control.
Activity: 289
Merit: 100
Crypto would skyrocket that's for sure. However things would also become regulated. Take ICOs for example, There would  be much less of them due to the government placing restrictions on them. Now it's like the wild West in crypto, but I feel it's necessary in order for crypto to become widely adopted by the people.
Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end
Decentralized exchanges like BarterDEX will go a long way towards reducing threats from governments and banks.  Once that floodgate opens it will be game over.  We're almost there.  As far as big banks are concerned they will not be able to get on board.  Decentralized crypto is counter to their business model.  They want to gouge their customers with fees and provide as little service as possible.

(Disclaimer!  My Signature is for the Monaize dICO, banking meets blockchain)

Small, agile and smart banks will look for ways to take advantage of crypto.  Big banks like BofA will try and be hip with stupid and goofy in-house solutions.  The threat to banks and Wall Street in general is real and they have known about the danger for a while now.  Despite people comparing Jamie Dimon to Grampa Simpson he is actually very smart and should not be underestimated.  
Activity: 182
Merit: 19
If thats happens im sure ripple's value will go moon,as it is created for the banks.
Activity: 79
Merit: 0
I was wondering what would happen if governments or banks (finally) will join the party of digital / crypto currencies? Right now they seem to act like the music / film industry and act via closing exchanges etc. and trying to stop something that will probably not go away.

If at a certain point they jump to the conclusion that this is the way forward and start using / supporting crypto currencies with e.g. a government / bank coin including all guarantees, will this end other crypto currencies? See https://www.fxempire.com/education/article/the-next-cryptocurrency-evolution-countries-issue-their-own-digital-currency-443966
Pages:
Jump to: