Pages:
Author

Topic: What will happen if the all countries convert to cryptocurrency? - page 25. (Read 12670 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 107
If that's going to happen for the first time that all countries will embrace cryptocurrencies then probably it will be the day where we can see an increase of crypto prices as more people are demanding for cryptocurrencies. So many great things is going to happen and different countries have their own strategies too no how they would handle and utilize cryptos to its full capabilities. Surely, it will be an extraordinary day for cryptoworld as a whole.
That could be the start of cashless society and everybody are ready to embrace the big changes and cryptocurrency can be more limited on the market. I think many are going to be greedy upon crypto because of opportunity to increase the price and no one gonna give up till they gain more higher. People gonna dont have any satisfaction in life and everything gonna be expensive.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
Now that more and more countries are starting to go cashless (http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20180427-does-a-cashless-society-benefit-everyone), is it possible that we also start converting to cryptocurrency? If that happens, what do you think are the advantages and disadvantages? Paying virtually is very convenient for me as I do not have to bring cash and it prevents petty theft but what is the disadvantage?

Hmph… dude please try to read well. The link you posted just said ‘does a cashless society benefit everyone?’ and it didn’t say that countries are converting to cryptocurrency, if you say lots of countries are converting to cryptocurrency, then you should mention which countries did that cause I have never seen any country that did that. And by the way, a cashless society is not going to benefit everyone. So we still need physical money.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
Much depends on banks and government. If they see the positive side when using crypto currency, then they will start using it at the national level.

This does not depend on the banks or the governments. The government will never be using cryptocurrencies since there are the feature of them that will be a problem to them, and that is the decentralization.

Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency are decentralized, saying that, the government can't control it like the currencies or fiats in their country. That might be a reason for that certain country to be controlled since the price of cryptocurrencies can be manipulated.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
if that happens then we will get convenience in doing digital transactions, but there is one obstacle that will be found, what if there is no internet connection in an area, then we must still use paper money to make transactions
Activity: 1120
Merit: 507
It will be difficult to say if the countries will convert to cryptocurrency. I don't see any such possibility. However, it will not be a very spectacular thing if it does happen. The narration of the capacity and capabilities of cryptocurrency is being overblown.
This will never happen as we know that governments of different countries have issued their own fiat currencies and they have a big profit and benefits with it so they can not leave fiat currencies fully. They can not switch into crypto currencies fully however many countries are using crypto currencies along with fiat currencies and their whole economy is the contribution of both these currencies.
Activity: 184
Merit: 2
the advantages are so numerous, and it surpasses the disadvantages, but spme disadvantages is that one may get stranded in cases where there is low network coverage, we understand that services are to be paid for directly from your wallet which cannot function when there is low network coverage, another disadvantage is that it may be available to the literates in the society, who has got a vast knowledge of ICT, the non-literate and the aged may be left behind.
Activity: 91
Merit: 2
Now that more and more countries are starting to go cashless (http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20180427-does-a-cashless-society-benefit-everyone), is it possible that we also start converting to cryptocurrency? If that happens, what do you think are the advantages and disadvantages? Paying virtually is very convenient for me as I do not have to bring cash and it prevents petty theft but what is the disadvantage?

Everyone should go and adapt the new technology in which there is no permanent in this world except change so either we like it or not we should embrace crypto if it will happen to supersede fiat. One advantage is the whole world is united to acknowledge Crypto in which we can use it anywhere but i see the disadvantage with the poor as most of them might be difficult to learn the new system of currency.
People will be happy all over the world because they will use only one currency throughout the world and there will be no need to convert money while shopping in other countries, buying and paying will be easy and you will feel ease while using your cryptocurrency. I am waiting for that time anxiously and I am hopeful that the day will come that people will use only bitcoin.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606

Yes, I agree that it will be a new era of development with all the advantages of a cashless society. But I don’t think so that will ever happen. Think about the poor people or illiterate ones, who cannot understand such technical things and cannot even afford to buy smart phones and a good internet connection; both of which are perquisites for using Bitcoin. A lot of work has to be done before countries can fully shift to cryptos.
I think bitcoin will continue to soar even in the years to come but i don't think it will definitely replace fiat currency.But it will be an alternative for payment system.We may go on a cashless society soon but fiat currency will still remain knowing lot of people would still prefer using it.
Activity: 84
Merit: 5
Indeed, using digital currency can make it easier for us without having to carry cash, but this will lead to demonstrations for a group of people who do not have deep knowledge of this cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
That is impossible to happen, there are some countries did not accept bitcoin since it is decentralized. Probably it will happen if the decentralized crypto will have become a centralized and controlled by the government. So, it is really impossible that thing will happen people become cashless. Government always against on that cryptocurrency they did not support this, besides, they treat this as an illegal.
So, now how to become cryptocurrency replacing traditional fiat into digital currency.
Activity: 1009
Merit: 328

Yes, I agree that it will be a new era of development with all the advantages of a cashless society. But I don’t think so that will ever happen. Think about the poor people or illiterate ones, who cannot understand such technical things and cannot even afford to buy smart phones and a good internet connection; both of which are perquisites for using Bitcoin. A lot of work has to be done before countries can fully shift to cryptos.
I agree on that this things might not happen, because i believe that not all countries support crypto currency some of the country's banned crypto Because they dont like it. Because countries has really their own way of understanding crypto and some other country really treat  crypto as an illegal things and they don't even support it even if it gives a financial support to the community.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110

Ctn
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
the one thing that we will see is people don't carry too many cards in their wallet and they only need one wallet which supports for making payment of the transaction. although fiat still uses, with the cryptocurrency, it makes people easy to buy something and they can easily to transfer the amount from their wallet to the other wallet. maybe this will happen in the future when all countries convert to cryptocurrency.

I dont understand how that will make the government to think about the application of crypto currency in the real world and thus change everything from the fiat to the crypto currency. Thats utterly ridiculous. The crypto world and the real world are different things. They both run on trust factor and fiat runs more onto the traditional way of trading which is running since thousands of years now. The banking sector is very much strong in handling all the current financial situations with its tried and tested system which keeps improving itself all the time. I dont think crypto fit in somewhere here, its gonna take the lifetime.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
www.daxico.com
If that's going to happen for the first time that all countries will embrace cryptocurrencies then probably it will be the day where we can see an increase of crypto prices as more people are demanding for cryptocurrencies. So many great things is going to happen and different countries have their own strategies too no how they would handle and utilize cryptos to its full capabilities. Surely, it will be an extraordinary day for cryptoworld as a whole.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
It is certain that this will not happen in the near future. Only when governments and central banks have total control over the cryptocurrencies only then. Bitcoin is designed as a decentralized currency, so any government or banking control is tackling the very essence and reason for the existence of Bitcoin.

Honestly, you idea is conflicting, you tend to say they will not happen but then stated that it will happen once the government and central banks have control over cryptocurrency.

As far as we know, cryptocurrency is either centralized or decentralized, so I believe it is very possible for the world to convert to cryptocurrency but the problem would be, there are lots of people, who are unable to use or access the technology, will be left out.  The possibility of people going back to barter system will be possible for the given reason, that is if they make the paper money obsolete or not usuable.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250

I know that there is a lot of people in the forum that want to see something like this happen but they need to stop dreaming, I really think the cryptocurrencies are going to be used by a significant portion of the population of the world but that's it, governments themselves are not going to adopt cryptocurrencies because they are very comfortable with the system they have created.
Activity: 812
Merit: 100

It's depends to the country if they choose crypto as they adopt the crypto to their country. And I think many things will be consider if a one country choose crypto using to their everyday life. And before that happen many things will be discuss to consider.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
There is a long road till that! Biggest problem would be which country possess how many coins. Many countries would make their coins and who knows how many of them and try to explain that their coin is the best and most valuable...  And I don't think they would accept cryptocurrencies that are already on the market!
Activity: 364
Merit: 3
GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
That could the rise of the era of cryptocurrency that the different countries are joining and accepting cryptos , it would bring unity in the cryptocurrency world ,because there are no more denial on crypto use in every country and this would benefits more to the user of cryptos and the entire cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338

If all countries are converted to cryptocurrency for sure every transaction will be on blockchain technology or simply it will be digitalized. The advantage of it every transaction will be fast that you don't need to fall in line in shopping malls, but the disadvantage of it is it will be easier for hackers to steal all of your money.
I think stealing money digitally is already happening anyway. I have read a facebook thread where people with Paypal accounts got hacked. I am not sure how, maybe they just installed a keylogger or something and were unaware of it. If it's going to be on blockchain perhaps they may find a way to track it? I believe I have read somewhere that with blockchain every movement of a process/transaction can be logged and cannot be tampered with.
You are correct when you say that money is being stolen already and this problem is getting bigger by the day but the greatest advantage that fiat has over bitcoin is that banks can recover that money since they can charge back any money stolen but in bitcoin this is not the case, there is no one here in the space to protect you and if you lose your money you're never going to recover it.
Pages:
Jump to: