Pages:
Author

Topic: What will happen to delisted Alt Coins on bittrex, Binance and Poloniex? - page 3. (Read 540 times)

Activity: 300
Merit: 93
To answer this, we can not answer this too generally. There so few reasons behind coin delist, such as:
- Unprofitable fees from tradings of those coins on exchange. Exchange, in reality, has to spend funds to secure their platform, to do wallet upgrade, customer supports and so on. So, if a specific coin has too low volume for long period, it will highly be delisted.
- Changes in local laws, such as what happened in the US. In such cases, coins have not changed themselves, delists come from exchanges issues and local authority managements.
For the second reason, there is no reason to worry when coin delisted.
copper member
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
I keep seeing  that exchanges are delisting a lot of ALT Coins, are those projects basically dead? I really like loopring (LRC) but I don't know how well it will do while its banned in the US. Do you guys have any input on this Alt coin ban/delisting? What will you guys do with your coins that are on the chopping list?
yes exchanges can delist coins that found not suitable for its users or that's lost liquidity. This projects after being delisted can die off or look for smaller exchanges which they can hold onto for the time being. This delisting happens almost on daily basis and that wouldn't stop as many currencies loose values momentarily
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
exchanges de-list coins when they stop giving them profit (profit of an exchange comes from number or volume of trades) so it shows that the de-listed coin didn't have that much volume which indicates lack of user interest and its death.
of course the definition of a dead project is a big weird among altcoins. a dead project in my opinion is a project that has nothing to offer and is a copy coin or a token. they are dead the day they are created. but usually people define them as dead when their trade volume drops to absolute zero otherwise there are hundreds of them that exist on some exchange (like Yobit for instance) and every now and then get 10000% pumps in a day!
Activity: 443
Merit: 2
Theagriverse.io
I keep seeing  that exchanges are delisting a lot of ALT Coins, are those projects basically dead? I really like loopring (LRC) but I don't know how well it will do while its banned in the US. Do you guys have any input on this Alt coin ban/delisting? What will you guys do with your coins that are on the chopping list?
I think the major reason why some coins get delisted is when they don't provide liquidity for the exchange. Of a coin doesn't give profit over time or of its nature changes, it could be delisted. Using $TRST as example, Bittrex delisted it because they noticed it was a security token other than what they said earlier.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 630

These exchanges which you talk about don't do the delist thing often. Because the projects with a proper list policy do not need this much. On the contrary, they are trying to strengthen their platforms with new and high-potential projects. Binance, for example, moved on to a new method. First, they will try community-supported tokens at DEX. And Binance will list the successful ones at CEX. Verasity will be listed in Binance in this sense in the coming days. Let's follow how it will react.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
I keep seeing  that exchanges are delisting a lot of ALT Coins, are those projects basically dead?

Nope. I've seen good projects delisted from the major altcoin exchanges and still going on with active development.
But delisting usually comes with a blow in the price; the more and bigger the exchanges delisting, the bigger the damage. Maybe some coins can recover from that, but some surely not.

Please don't take it as a trading advise. I don't tell you should sell or not. I don't know the project/coin. It's absolutely your decision. And imho it's a tough one.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

Bittrex is banning trading of some coins to USA citizens. No to everyone just for them. Reason is because they are securities.  It dont mean anything. Those tokens are same as before. If you believed are worth to you then they are same worth yesterday as are today.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: