Pages:
Author

Topic: What will happen when we hit 21 000 000 bitcoins - page 3. (Read 1987 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Transaction fees will increase in order to compensate them for the work.

One of the draw backs we won't be seeing 21 million Bitcoin in our live times though.

Speak for yourself Wink
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

One of the draw backs we won't be seeing 21 million Bitcoin in our live times though.
So no need to worry, right? Unless for our children. Grin
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Currently held as collateral by monbux

global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Currently held as collateral by monbux
The value will become much higher and that is truely when Bitcoin will be at it's highest.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
Less miners also shouldn't slow down the network as the block reward is still ~10minutes. Network difficulty should change with the amount of miners and will finally go to a certain equilibrium where it is still profitable for the miners.

but if we hit the 21m cap then no new blocks will be made?
if we keep discovering new blocks there will be more then 21m bitcoins o.O

The will be no more coins but the transactions still have to be validated and that's what the miners are primarily there for. They will still make money from transaction fees.

that's what I said, but the transaction fees aren't big, will there be enough miners?  Undecided
Less miners also shouldn't slow down the network as the block reward is still ~10minutes. Network difficulty should change with the amount of miners and will finally go to a certain equilibrium where it is still profitable for the miners.

The will be no more coins but the transactions still have to be validated and that's what the miners are primarily there for. They will still make money from transaction fees.

THE MOON RACE STARTS!

Serious: A lot less people will mine but I think that if the price goes to "the moon' many will stay.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
how will miners be rewarded and will anyone keep mining only for the fee rewards, how slow will our transactions be?  Undecided

I think less people will mine indeed, allthough that reallt depends on the value of the BTC.

Miners will be rewarded by the fees paid by people who make an transaction.
When we get to 21 000 000 bitcoins, how will miners be rewarded and will anyone keep mining only for the fee rewards, how slow will our transactions be?  Undecided
Pages:
Jump to: