Pages:
Author

Topic: What will money and currency be like in 10 years or 25 years? - page 2. (Read 973 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 252
REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||
We will be living in stone age. no money only bartering. World war III in six years few will survive.
Hmm This is the worst case scenario .. but highly possible..! 
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
We will be living in stone age. no money only bartering. World war III in six years few will survive.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
I think hard cash will become extinct during this decade itself. Credit Cards or Crypto Currency will replace the hard cash.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038
First of all, probably hyperinflation unless we start going backed to being backed by something that is actually worth it. IDK if its possible for US to pay off there debt in 10-25 years, and it seems that USD will just keep getting inflated. But like payment systems wise, I hope that we can get rid of physical cash, and like using a gestured base system,  such as with a NFC ring or some sorts, maybe eye scanning to confirm? Hopefully payment systems has convenient biometric security, as that seems to be the way to go.

I'm pretty sure NFC would improve to such a range as bluetooth is currently.
Google glasses already seem awesome , I could imagine them scanning your eye , converting that into a specific code and sending it into the machine.

The currency will definitely be digital and wirelessly transfered , but most likely not Bitcoin.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.
First of all, probably hyperinflation unless we start going backed to being backed by something that is actually worth it. IDK if its possible for US to pay off there debt in 10-25 years, and it seems that USD will just keep getting inflated. But like payment systems wise, I hope that we can get rid of physical cash, and like using a gestured base system,  such as with a NFC ring or some sorts, maybe eye scanning to confirm? Hopefully payment systems has convenient biometric security, as that seems to be the way to go.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
i like the idea of a finger print.  but there is another idea that no one is telling us about

every electronic device knows who we are, and can read our minds Shocked
Activity: 434
Google X projects will allow access to the internet from anywhere in the world.

People will have all sorts of smart devices on their body, either attached, strapped on, or in their pockets. These can carry digital money.
Activity: 210
In 10 years people will mostly use mobile payment systems over cash
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Thats what we said something about in 2012 before in the early 90`s. Things are still the same though just some things are automated.

But heck, who knows.
Activity: 532
PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance
Not bitcoin that's for sure
Activity: 350
Merit: 252
REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||
I agree that after 50years Not many people will  carry around hard cash , also I'm quite skeptical that we will be carrying around bitcoins either by then..!
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
currency chips
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
$1000 will be like $10.

Gold, silver and crypto, buy and HODL.  Do not allow your hands to become weak, food, water, things of true wealth, aquire these.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Fingerprint wallets?  Smiley
Activity: 434
What will money and currency be like in 10 or 25 years? How about in 50 years?

I doubt many people will still carry around hard cash in 10 years.

Pages:
Jump to: