Pages:
Author

Topic: What will the cities of the future look like? - page 3. (Read 19194 times)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100
February 01, 2018, 09:25:41 AM
As we talk about sustainable cities, there are many great examples from around the world, where governments working with various elements have successfully introduced long-term eco-friendly policies. For example, reducing gas emissions, encouraging the use of environmentally friendly transport, and creating more green spaces. Singapore may be the foremost example of how its ongoing efforts, the city can solve the problems of heavy pollution after the country's industrialization.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
February 01, 2018, 08:42:55 AM
I some time imagine how the future city will look like. This will be possible and easy to actualized if government give preference to some great innovative ideas from individuals. See like blockchain technology that is about to ease all our financial stress so that we can have stress free society, government are fighting the concept with all they have. If you followup some great blockchain technology oriented projects that are coming up on daily basis you will agree with me that with blockchain we can have a better city in future.
We're building that platform! https://ehab.co/

But yeah regulation and governments are holding things back...
Activity: 28
February 01, 2018, 07:34:06 AM
im looking forward in the future that has the main problem is the traffic, a city that is no problem when it comes in traffic, with a good increase in the main roads, a city also that has a good signal of internet. im looking forward with that city in the future.
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
February 01, 2018, 07:24:13 AM
I some time imagine how the future city will look like. This will be possible and easy to actualized if government give preference to some great innovative ideas from individuals. See like blockchain technology that is about to ease all our financial stress so that we can have stress free society, government are fighting the concept with all they have. If you followup some great blockchain technology oriented projects that are coming up on daily basis you will agree with me that with blockchain we can have a better city in future.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
February 01, 2018, 07:05:32 AM
Most likely something based on the US city designs. Increasingly tall office, shopping, entertainment and residential complexes in the city centre for the rich (who likely to have second homes on the countryside), heavily guarded walled communities on the perimeters with shopping malls, parks, sport facilities, schools and hospitals for the middle class, close to that and maybe close to the city centre some better areas for the skilled workers and young professionals, and large slums in between with huge run down residential complexes for the lower classes.
Activity: 474
Merit: 285
Brave New World
February 01, 2018, 06:38:57 AM
Depends how far in to the future you wish to venture, but i imagine buildings will get increasingly taller (miles tall). They will be outfitted with solar panel windows, roofs, and sides. There will be vertical farms in some of these. Roads will likely change to be more efficient for self driving cars, so less car parking areas etc. and more room to build more useful things. Probably also a fair amount of drones flying about the place delivering things too.

Eventually i envision floating cities on the ocean. The ocean makes up 2/3 of the planet and is underutilized. You could literally have floating cities holding billions of people in the future.

I assume you just mean earth, but in case you don't, Elon Musk has a image of how he imagins a city on Mars may look like.
Activity: 70
I am creating a digital platform on which the cities of the future will be built. See http://ehab.co/
https://icobench.com/ico/ehab

But what I want to know is... what will these future cities look like?
Pages:
Jump to: