Pages:
Author

Topic: What will the world look like in 10 years if Bitcoin succeeds? - page 2. (Read 8785 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
So... what is your best case scenario for 2025?

my best scenarion is, bitcoin accpeted everywhere,every country and a big corporation. so i can bought food with bitcoin everywhere in my country.

the price will be around $100k when Bitcoin is accepted universally. That could happen in 10-20 years.
Activity: 210
1. Bitcoin on Mars.
"NASA is developing the capabilities needed to send humans to an asteroid by 2025 and Mars in the 2030s." One of the crew members takes a paper wallet with him (or her) to keep as an investment. Takes the idea of cold storage to a whole new level.

2. Bitcoin-Only Robots.
Autonomous Vehicles get charged up and repaired at Smart Shops (not that kind!) and pay with programmable money. Delivery drones. Smart vending machines. Natively speak Bitcoin.

thats nice dream.. but i dont see any advantage about bitcoin on mars.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%

my best scenarion is, bitcoin accpeted everywhere,every country and a big corporation. so i can bought food with bitcoin everywhere in my country.

Accepted and properly regulated, at least for my country. Here, they don't ask what bitcoin is, and what's great is that they don't consider it as a capital gain which is taxable, that's why if you have a great profit in bitcoin, you will keep all of it without paying any tax unlike other countries. Smiley
Activity: 210

legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
Seems a lot of people are expecting global scale tax evasion.

Couldn't this be simply solved by changing the tax model?

Get rid of income tax / tax on your savings and just increase the tax on goods. Seems simple to me and saves a lot of work.

They cannot tax on saving if you own bitcoin in your own wallet.

There will be consumption (goods and service) tax and property tax.

in the future if bitcoin became adopted everyone i'm sure they will put a tax even on your cold storage, you will be forced to declare your bitcoim

they can do this when they see you spend them, they would think that you have more, and at that point you must declare everything, exchanged for fiat ro not

I was just wondering how would the government be able to track your transactions up to the very last bit? They can force us to declare everything, but that doesn't mean that they will be able to watch every single thing we do with our bitcoins.

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
If Bitcoin becomes mainstream, then the collapse of society as we know it is closer than ever.

Bitcoin (or very-fast-unregulated transactions) opens the door for a very fast velocity economy. In the Internet/Globalized/Capitalist world we live in, this means the concentration of wealth in the hands of a very small percentage of society.

We'll then talk about the 1% of the 1%.

Current banks will try to leverage their current positions to take/compete with Bitcoin.

Some early-early/late-early will become ultra/very rich.

Govs will continue to use "legal" force to tax your ass. Bitcoin or Buttcoin or USD.

The remaining of society will remain at this shit it currently is right now.

Things will become more efficient/secure. Some people in poor countries will have more leverage against their govs; destabilizing these places even more. And driving them into more poverty and chaos.

I'm long on bitcoin.

I haven't read any other thing more strange than this. Connections between things away one from another, fatalism at its highest level, imagination and reality mixed together, shortcut reasonings about big things who need maybe books to be explained, uniqueness of ways when there are to many others that can be verified (even with more probability), calculations and results which need the computers of NASA to be made and books with numerous data to enter on those....

Maybe I see blue today....
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

Get rid of income tax / tax on your savings and just increase the tax on goods. Seems simple to me and saves a lot of work.

in the future if bitcoin became adopted everyone i'm sure they will put a tax even on your cold storage, you will be forced to declare your bitcoim

they can do this when they see you spend them, they would think that you have more, and at that point you must declare everything, exchanged for fiat ro not
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
We've had a million predictions of doom, all the bad things that can happen if Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies spread. We have also had an unending stream of "Bitcoin is dead" and "Bitcoin won't last another year" predictions.

What I would like is to try to imagine a best case scenario of how the world could change for the better if Bitcoin became as popular as e-mail or social networks and billions of people were using it.

Bitcoin will be a mainstream, more users will use it, although i'm not really sure if the govs will make it legal completely.

More value, less supply and more demand.

Blockchain itself will be become a solution, because this will kill all corruption.

I guess this is what we here are all dreaming of.But I'm not sure if this can be achieved in just 10 years.To be honest I doubt that although I keep on believing this to happen one day.Hopefully I will still be alive then. Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

Activity: 126
It will be more productive.
All the people will have a lot of money because of the success of bitcoins.
Everything is possible to fraud,for example to create large btc derivatives market and launch bitcoin printing
It is relativelly easy to do with bitcoin
But i hope it will not happen and finally will be not only btc,ltc,but  will be few globally used digital currencys
But if world will depends on bitcoin not on us that will be  our last days

As long as the retail banking is separated from investment banking, and the capital ratio rule is observed, we are pretty safe with bitcoin banking.
Activity: 126
The nerds will rule the world and everybody else will be our slaves  Cool.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
Everything is possible to fraud,for example to create large btc derivatives market and launch bitcoin printing
It is relativelly easy to do with bitcoin
But i hope it will not happen and finally will be not only btc,ltc,but  will be few globally used digital currencys
But if world will depends on bitcoin not on us that will be  our last days
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I think in almost 80-90% of total countries BITCOIN will be preferred more than the local currency if BITCOIN countinues gaining popularity like current and succeeds till 10 years...
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
PM me to buy traffic for your site!
It's hard to imagine bitcoin in 10 years, even the services and business around it changed a lot in few years it exists, so having it as a primary way of
payment would with no doubt place it in 6 to 7 figure price range.
For me, that would be a dream come true, i would be sippin pina coladas all day long and not worry of none the things i ave on my mind today.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Distributed, autonomous corporations. There's not much more to be said other than that.

Just like how the internet gave rise to dozens of brand new industries that we couldn't even imagine pre-internet, dozens of new industries will be created due to the plethora of innovations that the blockchain makes possible
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
I will be on an island and quite rich.  Cool
The Forbes billionaires list will see quite a bit of churn, though I still don't expect Satoshi to reveal himself.
if the problem of blockchain is solved, and 80% of the people knows about bitcoin then i think we can see a new world with new technology and where bitcoin is the mainstream of life.

Blockchain problem is the main issue of bitcoin at the moment. We need to reach consensus asap.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
there will be tax evasion and unregulated activity all over the world, maybe is this the reason why gov don't want bitcoin to grow, by spreadig false info from time to time

there would be random rich guy, that were poor before, wealth would still be fucking unbalanced

The only reason banks are scared of bitcoin is because they would lose control. They wouldn't be able to make billions out of fees, fines, interest etc.

Fuck the banks.

They would lose control. But if they adopt/adept, they will survive and provide a service, no extreme profit though.

bank in this case, would join for sure, and add more taxes. tot ake at least a portion of the benefit of a fully adopted bitcoin

they can offer sort of exchange-like that operate with soem fee, but give you 100% security and cover your funds, like coinbase, but maybe more friendly and better fees
Pages:
Jump to: