Pages:
Author

Topic: What would be the cost of keeping BTC - USD exchange rate < 200 ?! - page 2. (Read 2899 times)

Activity: 405
Merit: 255
@_vjy
If there is a trading entity whose goal is to push down BTC exchange rates, then what is the minimum amount required to prevent BTC exchange rates to go up.

Exactly the same amount of money that is going in.

No, my guess is one hundredth to one tenth of money is enough.
An experienced  trader can turn the market upside down.
I'm no expert, let's see what others have to say. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1007
If there is a trading entity whose goal is to push down BTC exchange rates, then what is the minimum amount required to prevent BTC exchange rates to go up.

Exactly the same amount of money that is going in.
Activity: 405
Merit: 255
@_vjy
Lets assume bitcoin generates interest among general public, and every month, the amount of money comes in to bitcoin exchanges is $5 million; and other markets like euro, GBP, yen, etc. are negligibly small and lets say everything together, about $10 million constant money inflow to exchanges.

One more assumption; BTC exchanges are fair and they are not colluding.

Another fact: There are limited number of units (about 11 million BTC, if smallest possible trading unit is mBTC, then there are 11 billion mBTC). I am not sure but just hope this count also contributes to price movement.
Pages:
Jump to: