Pages:
Author

Topic: What would happen if Bitcoin became a legal currency? - page 47. (Read 33670 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Everyone would like the bitcoin is accepted in all online and real stores and, as as mentioned in the title, what would happen if Bitcoin became a legal currency?

well i think that bitcoin are legal currency in some countries already as many stores accepts bitcoins there so you can use them anyplace so i think it counts as legal currency

and if it would be legal in whole earth, then i think that yes, many more people would use them, and lots of stores would accept them too without fear, so it would be good for bitcoin
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
It would instantly get a lot bigger, I think the bitcoin would be than globally known and that we can change the whole world with it, if this would happen ever.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
this is could be good news for bitcoin users if bitcoin become legal in all countries and i think we would not need any longer banks because if bitcoin legal i'm so sure that people will use bitcoin because using bitcoin have more advantages than banks from transactions fees and confirmations transactions bitcoin more faster than banks
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
It already is legal where it counts and there's nothing stopping anyone from accepting it.

There's still no real incentive for a customer to use it and that'll remain what's holding it back.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1074
For one thing, a lot of merchants waiting on the side to see where Bitcoin is going, will start to accept it as a payment option. At this moment many of them, go through 3rd party payment processors, to

legitimize the transactions into converting it into fiat automatically. I think many of these e-commerce sites are just waiting for regulations to allow it to be accepted directly, and then we will see a

swarm of merchants coming onboard. There are however countries, where Bitcoin is seen as a currency, and payment are allowed directly to the merchant.
Activity: 336
so many people whose still in doubt will starting to adopt bitcoin as their secondary currency,bitcoin will be regulated,and there's a big chance to be taxed,the value of bitcoin will be increasing and reach supply
Yeah your conclusion is right. Many politician will gain more. Because it has a chance that bitcoin has a tax if you put it as a secondary currency.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
Everyone would like the bitcoin is accepted in all online and real stores and, as as mentioned in the title, what would happen if Bitcoin became a legal currency?

Frankly  speaking, I don't want bitcoin to become a legal currency like any other fiat and accepted in most of the stores. Because the nature of bitcoin is decentralized and it is not meant to buy daily groceries.

Also remember, that bitcoin supply is limited so you can't print bitcoin as you want. Take bitcoin as an alternate investment route save it. DOn't buy silly thing with it.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Bitcoin is legal in most countries , regardless of their gov rules.

That's 'coz you don't understand what "legal" means.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Bitcoin is legal in most countries , regardless of their gov rules.
Bitcoin should become currency , and the disadvantage is "anonymous" can't be used again.
The best thing with bitcoin is anonymous (you don't need any verification ID)
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001
Many fast food restaurant will accept bitcoin which may easier for doing transaction.
There will be more bitcoin ATM wondering around the world , people will start invest bitcoin with massive transaction
Activity: 476
That would be good news to people who already invested a lot (and earns a lot) in the Bitcoin industry.
But if I were one, I would not wish for that to happen.

The best thing about Bitcoin (and the reason I tried it) is because that it is not being controlled by anyone.
I would not like our government or some powerful people to take control of it.
Activity: 350
i dont think there would be any change the only thing is that some countrys may put some fees on it futrther i dont think there would happen allot with the coin for sure.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

What do you mean by "legal currency," OP? Bitcoin is legal in most countries. Accepting it as a form of payment is up to individual businesses.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
if i am not mistaken the correct phrase is regulated. because bitcoin is a legal currency but there are no rules set for businesses to use them. so i assume that if that day comes there will a big growth for bitcoin in adoption and as a result in price.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
I don't think a lot would change really, it would just be another form of payment/money albeit a more efficient one. But one thing's for sure, it would have to be stable to be used as a currency so you definitely wouldn't be seeing those wild fluctuations anymore.
Activity: 924
I think if bitcoin will be legal currency many changes will be happen. and more adoption will come.. if it will legal we also involve in government with taxes.. so instead we are paying for a miners fee only we are also paying for taxes..
legendary
Activity: 1456

In my opinion, being a legal currency and being accepted in all stores are different things. I think its more interesting for bitcoin users having more stores to spend your bitcoins on them,  than being a legal currency.
Activity: 588

You mean Legal currency, that world wide accept the Bitcoin?
If you have that mean, so you know that some countries are accept it and their government also accept it, may be in future most of the other countries will be accept it, which i know and where i m living in my country are not accept the bitcoin for a legal currency. But may be it will be happened in future, because all over the world who knows about the bitcoin and using it they all are saying that bitcoin is a secondly official currency.   
legendary
Activity: 1666
It will be great if bitcoin accepted become legal currency, it will be easier for us to use and spend bitcoin, all transaction will become easier
So if bitcoin become legal it will bring a lot of great impact especially from economy side
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

It depends if Bitcoin will be accepted just in one country or worldwide.
It's hard to say because we still didn't have such experience but I guess it means that we will be able to use bitcoin as secondary, official currency, for buying/selling things, many merchants will accept Bitcoin, we will have many more Bitcoin aTM's, bitcoin debit cards etc.
I'm sure that banks will also offer bitcoin or find the way to even offer loans in Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: