Pages:
Author

Topic: What would happen if Bitcoin did hit $1m by mid-2020? - page 5. (Read 598 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 507
I'm not yet sure to what extent, but I have always believed that the current large crypto holders will eventually become part of the wealthy elite. We already have quite some crypto billionaires already.

Think about Roger Ver, Jihan Wu, Vitalik Butterin, Coinbase CEO, Binance CEO, Mark Karpeles (obviously through theft), Winklevoss twins, Ripple gang, and the list goes on. It's an interesting group of people for sure.

I'm sure there are even some publicly unknown crypto billionaires in the background. I'm happy that we have pushed it this far. I remember the days as yesterday where Bitcoin's market cap was less than $1 billion.
I almost cried reading this. Nostalgic memories..... Have heard of teenagers becoming millionaires and even billionaires, because they bought bitcoin at the early stages.
But for bitcoin to hit a million dollars in less than two years is just way too much to ask. It is almost impossible for it to happen but it would be a welcome change if that ever happens.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
I'm not yet sure to what extent, but I have always believed that the current large crypto holders will eventually become part of the wealthy elite. We already have quite some crypto billionaires already.

Think about Roger Ver, Jihan Wu, Vitalik Butterin, Coinbase CEO, Binance CEO, Mark Karpeles (obviously through theft), Winklevoss twins, Ripple gang, and the list goes on. It's an interesting group of people for sure.

I'm sure there are even some publicly unknown crypto billionaires in the background. I'm happy that we have pushed it this far. I remember the days as yesterday where Bitcoin's market cap was less than $1 billion.
Activity: 821
Merit: 101
Only one thing I know ,all those hodlers will be millionaire instantly. I wish I have some amount on that day when bitcoin hit that price.
Activity: 476
Merit: 107
If Bitcoin did hit 1M$ by mid 2020 like what Mcafee predicted, I think there will be new millionaires and billionaires but I think it won't impact society that much because by that time US dollars might be inflated, and it's value might be less than it is now so it won't have that much effect on society(but it is a given that goods' price by that time is higher than it is now). It also wouldn't cause nocoiners to become the new low class(because I think btc would never replace fiat but it can be used as an alternative way to pay).
Activity: 11
Merit: 2
Obviously if this happens, a lot of new millionaires, billionaires and maybe even trillionaires will be born. Do you think this would have a large impact on society? Would this cause nocoiners to become the new low class? Would prices of every day goods rise? Would Fiat currency even be worth anything? Or would we just have a lot of new money in an otherwise unchanged society?

(Hopefully) obviously, this post is purely hypothetical and in reference to John McAfee's prediction.
Pages:
Jump to: