Pages:
Author

Topic: What would happen to banks? - page 19. (Read 13949 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
August 12, 2018, 03:27:33 PM
Many says that banks would become obsolete if cryptocurrency would take over the world in the future, but i guess not. Here are some of my assumptions on what would be the situation of banks in the future with cryptocurrency.

1. INVESTMENT
Banks will take an advantage to cryptocurrency using it as their main source of investment. They say, if you cant beat them, join them and bank owners  would do everything to fit into new society of financing to find clients on the new generation and still earn from them. Instead of UITFs or mutual funds, they would go for crypto investments.

2. CURRENCY
Or perhaps i would say a dollar account. As far as i know, banks offers a local currency account and a dollar account which can be used for international transactions such as shipment or travel. On the cryptocurrency era, there would be a local currency, dollar , and cryptocurrency account which probably an electronic account. Dollar wouldnt be a big hit that time because crypto can function the same and more effecient to do.

3. LOANS
Who can say that you can only loan fiat on banks? When the time comes, bank can offer crytpocurrency loans which can be used as an investment, business or buying something on cryptocurrency market. Im sure all items can be purchased using crypto that time including cars and real estates. So getting some cryptoloan wouldnt be a problem.

4. SAVINGS
ofcourse, the most wanted of them all. Who.doesnt want any security for their treasured cryptocirrency earnings? Banks which has the main function of keeping your money secured would offer crypto savings which produces interest over time. Preventing scams and hackers that we all afraid of.

As you see, banks would rather adopt than being extinct. Its like those businesses who innovates when society changes. If cryptocurrency overpower the economy, they should go with the flow to survive

Yes, I’m agree with you because banks cannot be replaced with cryptocurrency. I only added 1 point, it is
-SOCIAL
I see that there are a lot of people in various countries that don’t have internet access or cryptocurrency technology, if the conditions like this, they won’t be able to use their money if the bank uses the cryptocurrency system completely.
Most likely the bank will only integrate 30% from the entire system of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
August 12, 2018, 12:21:23 PM
Crypto  must secure low volatility to got massive adoption.  Without volatility people risk to much.  In my signature is good project who offer debit card which cant be baned,  but just good and real product is not enough.  They need low volatility.  No way any coin can change fiat before reach price stability
If people were afraid of the volatility of the market then we would never had the Tulip mania, the dot com bubble and the real estate bubble, bitcoin is going to be adopted despite its volatility and in some causes because of it, so what you are saying is not really necessary besides the volatility of bitcoin will tend to decrease in the future as more people adopt it and bitcoin becomes an important part of the economy.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
COVIR.IO
August 11, 2018, 10:51:59 PM
If peoples using cryptocurrency for their transaction, i am believe banks will keep survive. Banks have many bussiness and they dont depending on loand and saving bussiness. Banks already survive in many condition and they will evolve their bussiness when crypto entering common bussiness
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
August 11, 2018, 07:49:26 PM
As long as governments exist banks will continue to exist as well because bank is the means in which governments carryout their dirty deals which will not be possible through crypto

Yes you are right, cryptocurrency is really a good investment but it will not kill fiat so it only means that banks will last which is a good news for people who is not able to invest on cryptocurrency.
Banks will still continues in the future though bitcoin is in use. Exactly their is still people loves to invest or use banks. So I think in the future crypto and banks will do exists.
Activity: 951
Merit: 250
August 11, 2018, 07:23:07 PM
Many says that banks would become obsolete if cryptocurrency would take over the world in the future, but i guess not. Here are some of my assumptions on what would be the situation of banks in the future with cryptocurrency.

1. INVESTMENT
Banks will take an advantage to cryptocurrency using it as their main source of investment. They say, if you cant beat them, join them and bank owners  would do everything to fit into new society of financing to find clients on the new generation and still earn from them. Instead of UITFs or mutual funds, they would go for crypto investments.

2. CURRENCY
Or perhaps i would say a dollar account. As far as i know, banks offers a local currency account and a dollar account which can be used for international transactions such as shipment or travel. On the cryptocurrency era, there would be a local currency, dollar , and cryptocurrency account which probably an electronic account. Dollar wouldnt be a big hit that time because crypto can function the same and more effecient to do.

3. LOANS
Who can say that you can only loan fiat on banks? When the time comes, bank can offer crytpocurrency loans which can be used as an investment, business or buying something on cryptocurrency market. Im sure all items can be purchased using crypto that time including cars and real estates. So getting some cryptoloan wouldnt be a problem.

4. SAVINGS
ofcourse, the most wanted of them all. Who.doesnt want any security for their treasured cryptocirrency earnings? Banks which has the main function of keeping your money secured would offer crypto savings which produces interest over time. Preventing scams and hackers that we all afraid of.

As you see, banks would rather adopt than being extinct. Its like those businesses who innovates when society changes. If cryptocurrency overpower the economy, they should go with the flow to survive

it is true that your opinion, the bank must give in otherwise it will be only passive, although it certainly will not happen with the impact of so much but can be predicted roughly when the form of investment also savings will prefer crypto as an alternative, can be predicted in the future when the function of banks is reduced much in the crypto community in addition to the circulation of money and the place of borrowing money or credit and I think no more than that, and predictable the existence of banks will be less and more reduced, but the economic turnaround that occurs in the community will continue to run without impact lethargic by the practice of digital transactions, may be useful and successful for all of us

That might be happen but in my opinion both are existing in tge real world because banks is the Threats of Bitcoin as I have said they will function their responsibilities but one of them will slow or passive and one will active but it is not a hindrance for bitcoin because they will actively participate and will give all the effort so that it will perform the best thing.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
When Football meets Crypto
August 11, 2018, 07:09:34 PM
As long as governments exist banks will continue to exist as well because bank is the means in which governments carryout their dirty deals which will not be possible through crypto

Yes you are right, cryptocurrency is really a good investment but it will not kill fiat so it only means that banks will last which is a good news for people who is not able to invest on cryptocurrency.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
August 11, 2018, 04:34:26 PM
The banking systems that are familiar to us can be a thing of the past if the crypto currency is increasingly introduced into people's everyday life. But at the moment it is very unlikely, because banking systems have already taken root in society and crypto currency will take a long time to dislodge banks.
Activity: 462
Merit: 1
August 11, 2018, 04:04:27 PM
Activity: 250
Merit: 14
August 11, 2018, 03:42:03 PM
Crypto  must secure low volatility to got massive adoption.  Without volatility people risk to much.  In my signature is good project who offer debit card which cant be baned,  but just good and real product is not enough.  They need low volatility.  No way any coin can change fiat before reach price stability
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
August 11, 2018, 01:31:21 PM
I think very great and helpful if banks will realize the importance of cryptocurrency and perhaps enter into crypto. They can provide their usual services to customers and also provide services in cryptocurrencies, such as investment, savings and loans, shares buying with crypto, and a lot.
The people managing the banks are really smart, they understand very well what it is at stake here, they know that if they accept bitcoin that will be a sign of weakness, that they have basically capitulated and accepted the fact they cannot defeat bitcoin so believe me they are not going to do that until they are forced by bitcoin to comply with it.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 10, 2018, 10:09:46 AM
I have a version where in the future, countries will create their own crypto (if they did not go with bitcoin) to replace their own currencies and banks will be the main miners. They will have the money to create very huge mining farms all over the world.

Well the money they have are from the people. Probably big corporations would focus on having giant mining rigs but i think banks would probably steer away from directly dealing with crypto. Again  it goes against what they are.
Activity: 11
August 10, 2018, 10:01:50 AM
Banks will definately have to adapt to the new situation.
Activity: 28
August 10, 2018, 09:59:23 AM
Many of us investing in banks and have a bank accounts but if we all try crypto i think that banks will bankrupt
Activity: 325
Merit: 136
August 10, 2018, 09:53:34 AM
You have a good point there bank will soon adopt the crypto currencies and will offer loan in crypto currency kind. I think bank foresee what will happen if the fiat currencies are no longer available they have to adopt cryptos and im sure right they are into bitcoin investment.
Activity: 299
Merit: 11
August 10, 2018, 08:24:22 AM
I have a version where in the future, countries will create their own crypto (if they did not go with bitcoin) to replace their own currencies and banks will be the main miners. They will have the money to create very huge mining farms all over the world.
Activity: 392
Merit: 39
August 10, 2018, 08:06:51 AM
The truth is that retail services are really very minor part of what banks do. Instead, they emit and sell bonds, both government and corporate bonds, they offer credit to companies, they emit currency by offering loans. That is why, bitcoin or no bitcoin, banks will have work to do and role to play in modern society nevertheless.
Activity: 31
August 10, 2018, 07:40:27 AM
I think very great and helpful if banks will realize the importance of cryptocurrency and perhaps enter into crypto. They can provide their usual services to customers and also provide services in cryptocurrencies, such as investment, savings and loans, shares buying with crypto, and a lot.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
August 10, 2018, 06:46:17 AM

1. INVESTMENT

2. CURRENCY

3. LOANS

4. SAVINGS

Banks might one day step into cryptocurrency, but really nothing is going to happen to banks cause cryptocurrencies are never going to take over our main currencies, they will still be there and banks will still be in control. Another thing you should know too, I’ don’t know what you believe in, but no one can see the future of stuffs like this, lol. And assuming banks goes into cryptocurrency, they are not going to give loans with cryptocurrencies, they will still give you loans in fiat.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
August 10, 2018, 12:20:48 AM
If the crypto market develops strongly, there will be a big impact on the bank. Banks will not be able to collect fees when they transfer money overseas to different countries.
It has a huge impact on banks and their revenues are significantly affected, banks will find ways to prevent this from happening. A battle between the crypto and the bank will occur.
bank income source is not only about fee.they still can earn revenue from loans channeled to entrepreneurs and also all trader still need bank services to join in crypto market.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
August 09, 2018, 11:59:09 PM
If the crypto market develops strongly, there will be a big impact on the bank. Banks will not be able to collect fees when they transfer money overseas to different countries.
It has a huge impact on banks and their revenues are significantly affected, banks will find ways to prevent this from happening. A battle between the crypto and the bank will occur.
Pages:
Jump to: