Pages:
Author

Topic: What would it actually take to make BitCoin the most used currency in the world? - page 3. (Read 2995 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
It will take the lightning network being ready, so about next year, then from there it will be smooth sailing. Governments will keep fucking civilians and eventually people will be forced to learn and use BTC.
Activity: 266
Merit: 251
I wouldn't bet on that happening any time soon since bitcoin is tied to fiat. Although if you were not tieing bitcoin to fiat like this forum(such as 1 btc = 1btc), then I guess it would work.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
I think it would take something like the Amazons and the Paypals to add bitcoin as a payment method and that would dramatically increase the visibility and increase adoption.  Even better would be to have the bitcoin symbol printed on a limited number of postage stamps lol Smiley
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
It would take time.  Time for everyone to be familiar with bitcoins capability and use.  For bitcoin to become the most used currency needs a lot of users, people should be aware what bitcoins can do.  If many people will be aware of bitcoin then the demand for it will go high.  Then if many people will start to use it, maybe some stores, banks, and other companies might think twice to use it as alternative for payments.  Then we might just woke up one day that bitcoin will become the most used currency and might take the role of fiat currencies.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Some hundreds millions USD in Web advertising, and BTC implementing in world banks market can be start steps to Bitcoin as most used currency in the world. But even then BTC transaction time must be not more than 2 minutes, otherwise it is not possible to use it in shops.  Grin
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
I think if we want bitcoin to be a (most used) currency of a world then it should give at least double benefits that of fiat currencies and then we can at least hope for this dream. Primary requirements would be wide acceptability (most of the merchants should accept it), cheaper technology (a user friendly smartphone clients and a cheaper internet connection), secure and safety (it should promise security of the user in terms of his balance) and aggressive awareness would make it a global currency.
Activity: 756
I think that in countries that bitcoin is not supported and banned from their government bitcoin is being used in the illegal way of course and if these countries legalize bitcoin then I believe that bitcoin price will be increased but to be the most used currency I think people should move their big shares in bitcoin

Not the people, but big companies would have to move their big shares in bitcoin in order to make it one of the most used currencies in the world, because without that it would never be able to reach mainstream if it is not adopted by big companies around the world.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
I think that in countries that bitcoin is not supported and banned from their government bitcoin is being used in the illegal way of course and if these countries legalize bitcoin then I believe that bitcoin price will be increased but to be the most used currency I think people should move their big shares in bitcoin
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
What would need to happen to the global economy to actually make Bitcoin take over in place of National Currency like, USD, CAD or EURO?

So many people on here are banking on this happening one day, many even openly use this as a reason to invest in coins like Monero.
So I ask you, what do you think it would it actually take to make that happen?

WW3? An Asteroid, Alien Invasion?

I would say  support from the governments and political parties in the western world.

This isn`t going to happen so don`t rely on that.

WW3,asteroids and alien invasion can destroy the bitcoin infrastructure and also destroy the

civilization.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
What would need to happen to the global economy to actually make Bitcoin take over in place of National Currency like, USD, CAD or EURO?

So many people on here are banking on this happening one day, many even openly use this as a reason to invest in coins like Monero.

nothing. i believe nothing will ever take the place of centralized money (fiat) as we know it. bitcoin can become a lot more powerful and adopted than now and there is no doubt about it but it will never replace money that the government controls.

although money in the future that we are talking about may not even be in the form of paper and may be advanced but some attributes of it will never change.
legendary

When bitcoin starts to be controlled by those who control USD/EUR then bitcoin will start to have a different price.
But bitcoin is not designed to be used as an National currency because people have access to the blockchain and all transaction are public which some people don't like this.
Bitcoins aren’t printed, like dollars or euros, they’re produced by people and increasingly businesses, running computers all around the world, no single institution controls the bitcoin network. This puts some people at ease, because it means that a large bank can’t control their money.

Because of this bitcoin can't rise rapidly and be used by most of the people or at least a whole country!
Even though the bitcoin price goes high, number of people using it should be increased everytime to be used by a country after a time.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502

When bitcoin starts to be controlled by those who control USD/EUR then bitcoin will start to have a different price.
But bitcoin is not designed to be used as an National currency because people have access to the blockchain and all transaction are public which some people don't like this.
Bitcoins aren’t printed, like dollars or euros, they’re produced by people and increasingly businesses, running computers all around the world, no single institution controls the bitcoin network. This puts some people at ease, because it means that a large bank can’t control their money.
legendary

Activity: 616
Merit: 603
It would generally take mass adoption to make Bitcoin the most used currency in the world. If several nation's reserve banks decide and realize that Bitcoin has value just like Gold, silver or oil, then as a currency Bitcoin could be used as a currency of exchange by many people. All it takes is some external pressure, Government acceptance and people to believe it has value.
Activity: 1250
Merit: 295
Palestine
bitcoin cant be number as its limited maybe another coin
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
Bitcoin is in essence a product, and it's value will be derived from market consumption. No one has to use Bitcoin, or have ever decided to use it, the world did fine without. Should we use it, yes, and that is a different story but to drive Bitcoin into a dominant global market position, all it takes is a reason for common use. All it would take is something to begin to get more and more people buying and getting involved in it at an exponential rate, in return that will drive merchants to begin to adopt it and in return businesses and corporations needing to adopt it. Nothing stops say a small little town to just begin to use it, merchants can begin setting up payment acceptment platforms as simple as an iPod running Coinbase app with a merchant account and then people need to simply download a wallet on their phone and load it to begin to use it. Merchants save 4% say on credit card networks fees, in return can say discount product prices incentivizing consumers to begin to adopt and pay with it. All this takes nothing but a simple personal decision. The volatility of Bitcoin doesn't even affect this because usd will be exchanged and then exchanged at market rates for the time of transaction, so no one loses anything unless they just decide to buy and store Bitcoin but that's not what we are talking about. How we light a fire under people's ass now is another question and this is what people are trying to think of
Activity: 672
I think if the Bitcoin price increase highly and reach 5000$ or so, may be that's will encourage more people to use it, and with time that's will help surely to make Bitcoin the first used currency worldwide.
Activity: 490
Merit: 520
If USA declares bitcoin as a national crypto money, it will be the new USD. More like e-USD. And bitcoin prices would skyrocket after that. You name it, i think like 10k$ or something wouldn't be a surprise.
There's actually a relatively high chance that there is going to be some sort of e-USD or other similar digitized currency in the near future, assuming that they don't just opt to digitize the USD and not make anything new. The future of money is relatively digitized, and cash will likely be a relative thing of the past, although chances are it will still exist.
Activity: 742
Well there is a long way before making Bitcoin the most used currencu in the world, Bitcoin should be promoted a lot more , media should talk about it , and also the governments have to support it.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
If USA declares bitcoin as a national crypto money, it will be the new USD. More like e-USD. And bitcoin prices would skyrocket after that. You name it, i think like 10k$ or something wouldn't be a surprise.
Pages:
Jump to: