Pages:
Author

Topic: What would make you really worry? - page 2. (Read 2043 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
March 20, 2015, 02:39:25 PM
if another currency replace bitcoin, after its adoption is complete or in a very good position, many would lose a tons of money, although the transition happen gradually

If someone can create a 'thing' better then bitcoin then I think almost all the bitcoiners will abandon bitcoin and follow the other coin, like ethereum (oh wait it doesn't exist  Grin). The better thing for the future will be a currency not inflationary or deflationary (a sort of equality and auto-regulatory).
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
March 20, 2015, 02:35:49 PM
Only a major ban by the USA or China, a series of exchange bankruptcies or hacks.
If you're worried about the price, my question is: did you sell when it was below $200? If not why are you worried now? Bitcoin is actually recovering after hitting the bottom in January.

A ban in the USA would be bad for business but would not worry me because as we know there is already a ban in china but they are basically the biggest player in the game so bans are really not a problem and i doubt never will be because you can't ban decentralized you can only pretend or try to. If the biggest exchanges starting getting taken out then that could be very very bad for bitcoin and that is one that would worry me a fair bit. My biggest worry would be the regulation that is coming but then it gets carried away and we start getting taxed a fortune and backdated Smiley We are on the rise though and even if we was not price would not get me fussed like you i only have what i am willing to lose..  
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
March 20, 2015, 02:32:40 PM
if another currency replace bitcoin, after its adoption is complete or in a very good position, many would lose a tons of money, although the transition happen gradually
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Infleum
March 20, 2015, 02:29:21 PM
Only a major ban by the USA or China, a series of exchange bankruptcies or hacks.
If you're worried about the price, my question is: did you sell when it was below $200? If not why are you worried now? Bitcoin is actually recovering after hitting the bottom in January.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003
March 20, 2015, 02:27:10 PM
If you asked me that in early 2012, I would've said something along the lines of: Getting over the hurdle of getting enough people to understand bitcoin that it develops a self-sustaining community.

That seems to have happened. We have hundreds of bitcoin-focused companies building tools and services; even if 90% fail (which is typical of startups), we still have a solid core. There's been over $600M in VC poured into Bitcoin, the fruits of which we're only beginning to see (this trails 1-3yrs, at least), bitcoin is accepted by some of the biggest companies in the world, and bitcoin is being seriously discussed at high levels of government, the corporate/finance world, and academia.

If in 2012 you told me that it would only take 3 years to get to where we are today, I would've written it off as very unlikely. The magic part has probably already happened... As Wences Casares of Xapo likes to say, it's probably far more unlikely to have gone from 0 to where we are today, than to go from where we are today to 1 billion users eventually.

So what worries me? With the perspective of having seen this ecosystem develop over the past 4 years, not that much. While it's still a coin-toss what bitcoin's ultimate fate is, there's far less to worry about than just a few years ago. If I had to give a concrete answer, perhaps some worldwide coordinated government crackdown on Bitcoin's legality....which seems highly unlikely.

And if you're looking at charts day-to-day as a potential source of things to worry about, then you're doing this Bitcoin thing all wrong. Think long term.
Activity: 811
Merit: 1000
Web Developer
March 20, 2015, 02:26:49 PM
A more sound form of money.
Activity: 559
March 20, 2015, 02:11:18 PM
I'm pretty confident that this dump won't be long, and I didn't put money I can't lose in bitcoin, so it's not like I'm dead worried right now.
But what would make you doubt the future of bitcoin? I mean a market indicator, news piece, anything.

Looking at the charts, I'd be worried if this week's MACD closes smaller than the last one!
100% sure it would be smaller than the last one.

Anyway, I'm still pretty bullish Wink
Activity: 490
March 20, 2015, 01:41:23 PM
I'm pretty confident that this dump won't be long, and I didn't put money I can't lose in bitcoin, so it's not like I'm dead worried right now.
But what would make you doubt the future of bitcoin? I mean a market indicator, news piece, anything.

Looking at the charts, I'd be worried if this week's MACD closes smaller than the last one!
Pages:
Jump to: