Pages:
Author

Topic: What would you do in this situation? Invest or save? - page 13. (Read 1487 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 16
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
If you have plans to start a dream business that requires a capital of  $20,000 and you were able to make a savings of $15,000 which obviously isn't enough to start up the business, what would be your decision or advice?

1. Invest the $15,000 into a smaller business hoping that the returns will yield the remaining $15,000 in a short period. Note that this has the potential of failing and wasting the already-saved  $15,000.

2. Keep the $15,000 while doing other work that will yield the remaining money over a long period.

Would love to see your input or a better suggestion apart from the ones I pointed out above.

N/B
This is the typical situation a friend finds himself and we are just brainstorming in what best to do.

That $15,000 is just a small business for you, here in the country I'm in, with that $15,000 I can buy a house and land, and a second hand car and a small business. In short, that kind of amount here is not a small business. I can also set aside an allocation in that amount to buy Bitcoin and other altcoins as well, actually.

If we want to grow our money, even if it's a small amount, as long as you know how to strategize to grow it, you can definitely grow it, unlike others who have a large amount of capital, but the large amount is not properly rotated, so it's just wasted. capital size, in short growing money in the business is not based on the size of the capital you have in the business you want to do.
Activity: 658
Merit: 384
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
It depends.

If I am suffering and facing a lot, I would prefer to start that business with the 15k, I believe that every business can be started with some money, it doesn't have to be 20k, correct me if I am wrong, so what is the state you are in right now? Can you survive without this business?

If you can survive without the business then you already get something else going for you at a side maybe, if this is the case I would rather invest that money on Bitcoin.

You want to know why, I believe Bitcoin bottom is 15k while majority are still waiting for 10k for one BTC, halving is now getting closer than ever, I would buy Bitcoin and a year and half, I am sure that the 20,000 isn't going to remain 20,000 by 2025, I will be able to start that business if I still want and I will be able to secure a good amount of profits aside too for another purpose.

You don't have to tale this advice, it's just my own opinion, I've said that it depends on your present state you are in right now, if you are struggling to be in good shape/health its better to start that business, health is wealth.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1491
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
It depends on the specific situation and the type of business. Since you say in option 2 that you would get the money over a long period of time, I would opt for option 1, start the business smaller and gradually grow. There would be a third option, which I see he has not considered, which would be to take out a loan for that $5,000, which I am not a fan of because it adds risk and costs right from the start of the business but it is very common nowadays.
Activity: 266
Merit: 113
If you have plans to start a dream business that requires a capital of  $20,000 and you were able to make a savings of $15,000 which obviously isn't enough to start up the business, what would be your decision or advice?

1. Invest the $15,000 into a smaller business hoping that the returns will yield the remaining $15,000 in a short period. Note that this has the potential of failing and wasting the already-saved  $15,000.

2. Keep the $15,000 while doing other work that will yield the remaining money over a long period.

Would love to see your input or a better suggestion apart from the ones I pointed out above.

N/B
This is the typical situation a friend finds himself and we are just brainstorming in what best to do.
Pages:
Jump to: