Pages:
Author

Topic: What you guys doing when the exchanges open? - page 2. (Read 5440 times)

Activity: 236
Merit: 100
Yea, I should have put a  Tongue behind my post, I really don't think it's going to fall nearly that far.

Btw, shouldn't tradehill be open now, according to their website, they were going to start trading at 10:00 Eastern?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
I agree with you, Unfortunatly, I only have $5.50 in my tradehill account to buy with. I guess I can hope the price falls all the way to .01-.02/btc.

Bet you 30BTC we won't see that Smiley.
I guess many people will chicken out of bitcoin and sell cheap for the first hours, then i'll be buying.
After those few hours price will go up again and stabilize, then the sellers cry and i smile.

I agree with you, Unfortunatly, I only have $5.50 in my tradehill account to buy with. I guess I can hope the price falls all the way to .01-.02/btc.
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
I guess many people will chicken out of bitcoin and sell cheap for the first hours, then i'll be buying.
After those few hours price will go up again and stabilize, then the sellers cry and i smile.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Buying AND Selling

^yup yup,  see ya there Grin

As long as folks are making idle speculation, it seems like this is the growing pains/proving grounds for BTC.  If someone were stealing 500k BTC, and getting the exchanges shut down (at least temporarily), along with dropping the trading value of BTC. . .they'd get no financial boon.  So either the government or the Joker is having kicks on BTC market, obviously.

Fuck 'em, they're gonna have to try harder than that.
Activity: 140
With the skewed openings of TradeHill and Mt.Gox I think this is going to be extremely interesting. I am sure what happens at one will have an effect on the other.

Pretty pissed I am missing Tradehill opening due to a flight to Vegas. 
donator
Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015
Are you kidding? This might end up being the last major buying opportunity ever... I'm planning on loading up when everyone else is selling and it will be glorious!

EDIT: (3/11/2013) I shouldn't have to say this, but the "it will be glorious" was my subtle hint this was a complete joke. The price tanked as some of my even older posts indicated I was afraid of (though for the wrong reasons, I thought Gox would get raided ala Pirate Bay or Megacoin-style).
Activity: 210
Buying or selling?

Buying dips and chips  Wink
Activity: 89
eating popcorn.

haha i actually tried to look for a like button :s
Activity: 210

VirWox is still open.

I am trading there Cheesy

It just halted bitcoin trading. I guess they'll try to filter their system from the fraudulent accounts.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
Buying AND Selling

+1
Doing your part to help calm the market.
Activity: 136
Buying at the daily low, selling at the daily high.
Trading Here: https://exchange.bitparking.com/main

like I'm doing now
Activity: 354
Merit: 103
If there is anything left of my dough, which was in Mtgox-$ I'll buy bitcoins and stuff them back into the network where they belong. Then I'll try to improve my own security, which also sucks...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
eating popcorn.

This. I was not trading before and I wont be trading after.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
One issue is the leaked database.  They need to determine how this was done and remove that vulnerability.

According to the statement that appears at their support page:

[Update - 2:06 GMT] What we know and what is being done.

• It appears that someone who performs audits on our system and had read-only access to our database had their computer compromised. This allowed for someone to pull our database. The site was not compromised with a SQL injection as many are reporting, so in effect the site was not hacked.
Activity: 70
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Activity: 749
Merit: 501
🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟
 So, anyway, now I'm sure that hackers gain control over a significant amount of bitcoins somehow or other... The same hackers made the show crush and still nobody could guarantee that it was the last time ever... Nobody could dream about stability before long. I'd prefer to  withdraw most part of my funds now... But still on the wave. 
legendary
Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018
Another issue is the 500k bitcoins.  Was the account accessed because of a leaked password?  Or was it from the XXS vulnerability that existed until this past week?  Or from some other source?

If I had just lost 25k bitcoins, I'd be looking at the Mt Gox hack very carefully.  Who knows how long the hackers had access to Mt Gox's password database?  We can't assume they broke in and instantly crashed the market.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
VirWox is still open.

I am trading there Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: