Pages:
Author

Topic: Whatever happened to the Bitcoin Police? - page 2. (Read 2925 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502
Wouldn't matter one bit. I can make a thread and list every known scammer on this forum and people will STILL end up doing business with them.

Scammers with scammers.

Who I really miss is Bitlane, dood was awesome. He would be able to pin point and get under the skin of these scammers, and straight up get them scammer tagged. I recall paripan "something like that" called out another scammer, great job on both paripan and Bitlane. Tomatocage is up there with these two users as well.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
Wouldn't matter one bit. I can make a thread and list every known scammer on this forum and people will STILL end up doing business with them.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
I remember hearing a lot about these "Bitcoin Police" a year or two ago. But now it seems they have disappeared?

What happened?

Bitcoin is still full of rogues, scoundrels, and swindlers. Why aren't they doing their job?

Probably found it too hard to collect taxes !

On a more serious note, they were never anything official.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
I heard about them in 2011 and they even had their own website, saw them mentioned in some peoples' signatures too but that's about it.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Due to an Internal affairs investigation, the Bitcoin Police were found to not be able to protect the bitcoin community (e.g. the internet) from fraud. This investigation ended in the resignation many Bitcoin Police officers, including Pirateat40 and Tom Williams.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Last I checked Bitcoin Police were a bunch of Australian dudes smoking BBQ and swilling beer, looking at a proxy-registered domain in WHOIS every few months and maybe portscanning a tornode if the weather was fine, predictably ending in "Nope, can't find 'im, mate! Cheers!" and some more drunkenness.

Epic answer... I Broke two ribs, and my left leg, laughing so hard i fell straight off my chair, through the floor and smashed into the basement-concrete floor at such force the friction almost created a China-syndrome started to melt down to earth-core, but managed to grab hold of a water-pipe nearby... I'm fine now. But be careful next time ok, lives are at stake here!
Activity: 938
Merit: 1009
I remember hearing a lot about these "Bitcoin Police" a year or two ago. But now it seems they have disappeared?

What happened?

Bitcoin is still full of rogues, scoundrels, and swindlers. Why aren't they doing their job?

Last I checked Bitcoin Police were a bunch of Australian dudes smoking BBQ and swilling beer, looking at a proxy-registered domain in WHOIS every few months and maybe portscanning a tornode if the weather was fine, predictably ending in "Nope, can't find 'im, mate! Cheers!" and some more drunkenness.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha

What happened?

Pages:
Jump to: