Pages:
Author

Topic: What's a cool way to present .1btc to someone as a gift? - page 3. (Read 3825 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 500
Time is on our side, yes it is!
.1 BTC coin. I don't think Casascius has made any that small, but I think Lealana has.

Oh ok, I thought you could change the amount on physical coins wallet.  I didn't know their were set amounts that couldn't be changed if that is what your saying.  
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Buy one of those real life Bitcoins, put it in a box and put a note behind the Coin with the login to his Blockchain account. In the Blockchain account, has the 0.1 BTC in there. Tongue Make the box look fancy.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Make him earn it with a simple cryptic quiz... man needs to learn that bitcoin must be earnt :p
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
if engraving, do not use a remote bitcoin service for it. instead go to a local store in your town that engraves metal or glass and get them to do it.

firstly due to the fact that he is less likely to even know what bitcoin is to even care what he is engraving, secondly you can be in more control of watching him to ensure he doesnt keep a copy. thirdly you know where he physically is and able to make a return visit to slap him with a wet fish if he did screw you

Check out how these guys do it.  (trustless)  Smiley

https://woodwallets.io/

legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
if engraving, do not use a remote bitcoin service for it. instead go to a local store in your town that engraves metal or glass and get them to do it.

firstly due to the fact that he is less likely to even know what bitcoin is to even care what he is engraving, secondly you can be in more control of watching him to ensure he doesnt keep a copy. thirdly you know where he physically is and able to make a return visit to slap him with a wet fish if he did screw you
Activity: 602
Thanks for the replies everyone. Those cards look pretty cool... although they are almost .1 btc themselves.  Angry Also... I assume you would have to trust the engraver with the private key, no?

Yes if you are having the private key engraved you would have to trust them which I COULDN'T personally I think the best option is to just give him the private key on a piece of paper or something like that.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Thanks for the replies everyone. Those cards look pretty cool... although they are almost .1 btc themselves.  Angry Also... I assume you would have to trust the engraver with the private key, no?
Activity: 784
DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization
If you want to give me 0.1 BTC I would be happy to receive it in any form. Grin
I think papper wallet is the best choice for 0.1
Activity: 826
Merit: 508
.1 BTC coin. I don't think Casascius has made any that small, but I think Lealana has.
Activity: 602
Get one of those metal wallets they are pretty cool for a gift.
Activity: 798
Time is on our side, yes it is!
Casascius coin would be pretty cool. I guess from what I read their not being made anymore so that is a cool gift IMO.  Something tangible to showoff, hold and look at is always nice especially if it appreciates in value.
Activity: 714
Merit: 503
i don't know
paper wallets with cool design
a cool pendrive
you can buy a metal wallet for example(although for that you'll have to spend 0.0X)
staff
Activity: 2440
Merit: 1616
Crypto Swap Exchange
You might wanna check this
https://bitkee.com/
https://cryobit.co/

Just about ~$30 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
put it on a cd .... or thumb drive.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
This person is tech-savvy and libertarian-minded. He's heard of Bitcoin but doesn't know too much about it. Any ideas for a cool way to give .1 as a birthday present other than just a print-out? Not too expensive, obviously  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: