Pages:
Author

Topic: whats better to do premine or take part of each block ? - page 2. (Read 1763 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
ADT developer
If you make a good coin, people will gladly donate to you.

Don't just make a coin to pump and dump via premine or other methods of obtaining coins.

The project will require lots of coins to run and I don't really want to spent all the btc buying coins when they could be spent adding services

as I have said the vote is what will decide it the fairest way of doing it
Or you could just release the service and let people who mine run it. Open source is very important.

some of the services I have plans for wouldn't work open source the ones that would work like that will be Smiley
I can't think of any service that can't work if copies of it can pop up to prevent a monopoly.

over 50% will be able to be open source but some of them will cost a lot of time / BTC to make happen so it would not be in the projects best interests to make them open source  eventually they would be made available but to start with its not the best idea
Activity: 287
Merit: 250

Don't just make a coin to pump and dump via premine or other methods of obtaining coins.

The project will require lots of coins to run and I don't really want to spent all the btc buying coins when they could be spent adding services

Or you could just release the service and let people who mine run it. Open source is very important.

some of the services I have plans for wouldn't work open source the ones that would work like that will be Smiley
I can't think of any service that can't work if copies of it can pop up to prevent a monopoly.
legendary
ADT developer
I'm gradually backing off of my stance that a large premine is good. i think if you premine a smaller amount, like a couple hundred coins for yourself prior to launch its ok. then let the community decide if they want bounties and services. problem is the community doesn't give a shit, they are mining for profit, so it becomes a moral dilemma. How much is enough, and How much is to much. I'm of the opinion that .25% of coins or 25% of coins minted in the first month is acceptable. for example, if  a coin mints 4000 coins in a month, 1000 coins is a fair premine, or if it has a total mint of 4000000 coins 10,000 coins would be a fair number. Don't let the miners make you feel guilty of making money off of the coin, but whatever you do don't shit all over them. What i mean by that is, dont dump all your coins day one like the original "dev" of gldcoin did. a better idea is to set yourself a limit of how many coins you will allow yourself to sell a day. never sell to the bid price either, this is what kills the price of a coin and sends it in a downward trend. These are just the lessons i've learned with Nanotokens.

I would only be looking at 1% maximum over 1 year  that would be 12% if it was taken all in 1 month not even 1 single coin will be sold they will all be accounted for on a public leger and be verifiable on the blockchain they would be for the projects not me personally

for this project its not about making money its about putting to shame all these pump and dump scams it could even take 6 months before the first coin is even mined

and even then it will be the fairest relece possible  Smiley
legendary
ADT developer

legendary
ADT developer
Considering you suggest a coin be 51% attacked i would not touch anything you are apart of!

ware have I said about a 51% attacking a coin ?
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
I'm gradually backing off of my stance that a large premine is good. i think if you premine a smaller amount, like a couple hundred coins for yourself prior to launch its ok. then let the community decide if they want bounties and services. problem is the community doesn't give a shit, they are mining for profit, so it becomes a moral dilemma. How much is enough, and How much is to much. I'm of the opinion that .25% of coins or 25% of coins minted in the first month is acceptable. for example, if  a coin mints 4000 coins in a month, 1000 coins is a fair premine, or if it has a total mint of 4,000,000 coins 10,000 coins would be a fair number. Don't let the miners make you feel guilty of making money off of the coin, but whatever you do don't shit all over them. What i mean by that is, dont dump all your coins day one like the original "dev" of gldcoin did. a better idea is to set yourself a limit of how many coins you will allow yourself to sell a day. never sell to the bid price either, this is what kills the price of a coin and sends it in a downward trend. These are just the lessons i've learned with Nanotokens.

Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Considering you suggest a coin be 51% attacked i would not touch anything you are apart of!
legendary
ADT developer

legendary
ADT developer
I can do website programming and website design if needed Smiley. I do not have loads of free time but in the time that I do have, I am happy to try to help in whatever way that I can.

Thanks I will add you on to the list of people and will contact you when i have a min Smiley

thanks

zack
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Essentially the way I read this is should I steal from you now all at once or slowly later on.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Want some pi with that?
I can do website programming and website design if needed Smiley. I do not have loads of free time but in the time that I do have, I am happy to try to help in whatever way that I can.
legendary
ADT developer
I would like to be able to have a way to get coins
I have sold over 80% of my mining farm

Those two bits looked funny together Smiley

On a less-jokey note, I applaud Zack for taking a "big picture" approach and encourage all aspiring devs to follow the example: trying to work it all out from the beginning.

its 2 am here i will reword it Smiley

what i meant by it was i have sold 80% of my farm to fund projects as i would like to make something good with the community for the community

i think 1% of the blocks for 1 year would help support the whole project and having a % over time means there is no risk of a huge coin dump

Activity: 21
I would like to be able to have a way to get coins
I have sold over 80% of my mining farm

Those two bits looked funny together Smiley

On a less-jokey note, I applaud Zack for taking a "big picture" approach and encourage all aspiring devs to follow the example: trying to work it all out from the beginning.
Activity: 44
from your provided services.
legendary
ADT developer
please read the post before voting not to take any coins thanks Smiley

I want to make a coin and have loads of services from the start

I would like to be able to have a way to get coins to run the services for the first year without it costing to much after 1 year i want all the projects to be more than self sustaining so the project can expand

I will stick with what ever the vote says  ( all the coins would co on the project and there would be a public leger saying were all the coins go )

I have sold over 80% of my mining farm and am looking to invest in making a new coin with services

Before you say why don't i do this for a coin that is already out there you might have heard about project infinite and the problems I have had
with the team i was working with mainly due there being no legally binding contract

I decided it would be best to build a coin and services from the ground up if you believe you can help with this project in any way please contact me

Due to problems with previous people i have worked with there will be legally binding contracts to stop people not delivering / scamming

I am currently looking for people with these skills

legal
public relations
website design skills
people that can code coins ( not just a basic clone )
people that can code websites
people looking to buy a share of the project
and anyone that thinks they can contribute to the project

I would like the to be a core team of 5  to start with then other people can buy in at a later stage

All decisions will have to have a minimum of 51% of the team vote before it is decided  

thanks

zack

I will be posting more info as soon as possible

Edit : the new project is here > http://www.privateforum.altcointalk.co.uk/index.php?board=1.0

Pages:
Jump to: