Pages:
Author

Topic: what's causing the BTC surge. - page 2. (Read 1115 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
April 26, 2016, 01:12:28 AM
you should have asked why bitcoin price was stable, the rise was inevitable and that is why it is happening. and as for altcoins, which one do you mean is getting dumped?

it is a different reason for different coins, for example eth which has a lot of hype and was the biggest for the last couple of months is being dumped because it was a pump and dump coin and even the developers are dumping and getting out.

as for others, you have to say which one you means so i can help you figure it out.
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
April 26, 2016, 12:12:15 AM
It's impossible to actually nail down exactly what has caused this recent significant growth in price. But I personally preferred the stability
Activity: 446
Merit: 251
April 26, 2016, 12:09:53 AM
hey guys.
I really appreciate it if anyone tell me why BTC is rising, and why the altcoins are being dumped. how are they connected? is the btc mining difficulty augmenting a factor?
should I abandon the altcoins for now?
thanks Wink

It's a difficult question to answer. Bitcoin transitioned from being an asset used to buy things to an investment opportunity. Traders populate the exchanges, they see Bitcoin as a mean to gain profit, I don't think this a bad thing, but I do believe that this makes the price movements erratic, more volatile, and sometimes it doesn't even track or follow the fundamentals (news about the Bitcoin ecosystem, core protocol, bad PR, etc).
It is also sad to see people holding onto bitcoins as if by using it they are losing money.
If you really want to support the bitcoin movement, buy some, save a part, and start spending it to buy things or pay for services.
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
April 25, 2016, 11:51:44 PM
Probably it is the upcoming halving. Just like  the event of litecoin halving last year. It is normal. Bitcoin and altcoin's price movement are in the two directions.
This especially and the selling off of bitcoin in droves. It just hit $470 on my price ticker and should be $475 by morning if it keeps up like this.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
April 25, 2016, 09:55:01 PM
Probably it is the upcoming halving. Just like  the event of litecoin halving last year. It is normal. Bitcoin and altcoin's price movement are in the two directions.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Data Scientist
April 25, 2016, 09:39:44 PM
hey guys.
I really appreciate it if anyone tell me why BTC is rising, and why the altcoins are being dumped. how are they connected? is the btc mining difficulty augmenting a factor?
should I abandon the altcoins for now?
thanks Wink
Pages:
Jump to: