Pages:
Author

Topic: What's causing this crash? - page 2. (Read 299 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
December 30, 2017, 10:43:15 AM
Same thing is causing this crash that was causing this rally
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039
December 30, 2017, 10:39:04 AM
Holidays. Many guys took some days off. Bears have an easy time right now.
After that massive run we've seen this year some more down movement was something you should have always been aware of.
If you hold for long term this decrease shouldn't really bother you.
I also expect the next 4-5 weeks be slow and weak. January is a month Bitcoin always struggled to perform good over the last 3-4 years.
It's the bears who dominate now. For the long term view this is healthy. Bitcoin can still make some crazy upwards moves in 2018.

I feel like the holidays trading slump should have ended at least by now for such an active market as the crypto currencies. However, I see how this could continue into around mid-January due to people being slow traders right now.

I feel like we've come to a point where most people know that there isn't just Bitcoin in this market. They know they they can move their funds across different coins now. With that in mind, I feel like if Bitcoin goes down now, it might be going down for a while to some scary levels.
Activity: 433
Merit: 251
December 30, 2017, 10:26:07 AM
Hehe, I got lucky again Tera2

2 positions:

.15 btc @ 18x leverage: 2.7 btc short @ 13840

1000 ripple purchase @ 1.16
Activity: 658
Merit: 282
December 30, 2017, 10:11:41 AM
... moving to other altcoins in where they can send fast transactions with cheap fees, nothing more than this.

The problem with that approach is that most altcoins scale even worse than Bitcoin.
The Ethereum blockchain is already bigger than the Bitcoin Blochchain in terms of diskspace
needed and it has been running for not even half the lifespan of Bitcoin.

Besides, most altcoins have not displayed the resilience that the Bitcoin network
has shown towards attacks and coordinated FUD. Switching to a centralized coin like
Ripple is a very short-sighted move, because even if it would usurp Bitcoin as the
top cryptocurrency it would suffer from the same problems eventually.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
December 30, 2017, 10:05:57 AM
Investors profiting a lot and wanting to cash out. Reduced "consumer" confidence from the bcash shittalk. Bcash cancer. Slander campaign. Not good.

You are uninformed right now, the price is not only crashing because of the shit of bcash.

The price is going down because a lot of people are losing their confidence, and that is normal, i am still a believer of bitcoin because i have been in here for months, but if you are newbie in this, and you see that fees go from $3 to $46 in a month, what would you think about it?

I would leave the market, of course, and that is what all the "late-buyers" are doing right now, moving to other altcoins in where they can send fast transactions with cheap fees, nothing more than this.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
December 30, 2017, 09:51:31 AM
While it's not entirely Christmas that have caused the sell-off, many traders know that the festivities would result into a slow-paced trading environment meaning not much profit is available to be taken. Cashing out is the best option atm for most traders in order not to be burned by other traders wanting to get a piece of reward for festivities.

For a somehow pessimistic point of view, it could be that bears are starting to wake up from their long hibernation breaks. It's still a good thing, considering that we might have experienced a legit crazy year for bitcoin and cryptos in general.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
December 30, 2017, 08:51:03 AM
Holidays. Many guys took some days off. Bears have an easy time right now.
After that massive run we've seen this year some more down movement was something you should have always been aware of.
If you hold for long term this decrease shouldn't really bother you.
I also expect the next 4-5 weeks be slow and weak. January is a month Bitcoin always struggled to perform good over the last 3-4 years.
It's the bears who dominate now. For the long term view this is healthy. Bitcoin can still make some crazy upwards moves in 2018.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
December 30, 2017, 08:20:30 AM
Investors profiting a lot and wanting to cash out. Reduced "consumer" confidence from the bcash shittalk.

Bcash cancer. Slander campaign. Not good.
Activity: 266
Merit: 222
Deb Rah Von Doom
December 30, 2017, 07:49:25 AM
Pages:
Jump to: