Pages:
Author

Topic: What’s consensus? - page 2. (Read 293 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
August 13, 2021, 08:58:39 AM
In my opinion, the current currency system in our world is the most unreasonable 50 years in the history of human civilization for nearly 5,000 years. Various sovereign countries continue to issue legal tenders without any physical value support, and they are still in the process of continuous over-issuance.
It is unreasonable but it is effective and for how long it has been in our civilization, I think that we will have a hard time uprooting this system because it's coupled already with the global economy and global supply chain and what happens when we take away a keystone to those things, it will eventually collapse, it's a parasite that we can't remove.
copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 234
August 13, 2021, 08:52:13 AM
The development of human civilization is a process in which old consensus is replaced by new consensus.

My question is: Why is a new consensus needed? What problem does it solve?

The problem facing the world today is not the problem of the currency itself, but the problem of the distribution of wealth behind the currency.

Global collaboration requires near-synchronized changes in the civilized world to solve the problem. Currently, there is no global solution that can be implemented in a sustainable manner. Although the emergence of Bitcoin provides a way to solve this problem. But the consensus is far from reached.

In my opinion, the current currency system in our world is the most unreasonable 50 years in the history of human civilization for nearly 5,000 years. Various sovereign countries continue to issue legal tenders without any physical value support, and they are still in the process of continuous over-issuance. This will inevitably lead to continuous inflation, and the people's wealth will continue to be diluted. It was not until the birth of Bitcoin that gave the people a whole new choice. People are free to choose Bitcoin to store their wealth, fight inflation, and increase their wealth. Therefore, abandoning fiat currency and embracing Bitcoin will be the best choice for the people at the bottom. However, the current consensus is not strong enough. Let more people reach a consensus on this point is the mission of Bitcoin believers, and this is also my mission. I am currently writing these articles every day, hoping to better spread these consensus and spread these ideas. Although this writing process is very painful, I think it is very valuable.

Activity: 84
Merit: 18
August 13, 2021, 08:24:17 AM
The development of human civilization is a process in which old consensus is replaced by new consensus.

My question is: Why is a new consensus needed? What problem does it solve?

The problem facing the world today is not the problem of the currency itself, but the problem of the distribution of wealth behind the currency.

Global collaboration requires near-synchronized changes in the civilized world to solve the problem. Currently, there is no global solution that can be implemented in a sustainable manner. Although the emergence of Bitcoin provides a way to solve this problem. But the consensus is far from reached.

copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 234
August 13, 2021, 03:57:24 AM
As is mentioned earlier, when Bitcoin is born, mankind entered a brand new civilization, which I named Bit Civilization. In my opinion, it's a higher civilization based on the idea of Bitcoin and will transform all aspects of human society, including but not limited to organization, family concept, tool, language, word, belief, law, system, city-state, country, assets, ethics, culture and art. The booming crypto world is the embryonic form of the future Bit Civilization.

As far as I'm concerned, substantially, human civilization is consensus, so is Bit Civilization, currency and value. Consensus constitutes value and value constitutes civilization.

So what exactly is consensus? Consensus mechanism is one of the core concepts of Bitcoin, only when we fully understand consensus, can we be more clear about the value that Bitcoin brings to us.

As I see it, the simplest explanation of consensus is shared knowledge, view, understanding and goal, which will temporarily eliminate differences and ease contradictions, rendering collaboration possible.

Another meaning of consensus is agreement, or contract. Reaching a consensus is garnering a contract. In constant struggle, compromise appears frequently, and the process of compromising is the course of forming an agreement. Consensus is to fix the agreement in the form of opinions, concepts or laws. Major difference indicates big consensus while minor difference signifies small one. In the history of human civilization, most of the consensus was formed in compromise.

We live in an objective world where the stimulation of education, learning, media and other external factors is ceaselessly affecting our cognition and then forming our subjective mind. Cognition is the fruit of accepting the consensus that exists. Concepts such as organization, family concept, tool, language, word, belief, law, system, city-state, country, assets, ethics, culture, art and so forth are not innate, but shaped owing to numerous collisions and concessions in violence and argument. In many cases, things themselves have no concepts and values at all but endowed by the collective consciousness of mankind.

In the past 5000-year history, human civilization came into being on the basis of consensus reached through repeated violence and compromise. But when Bitcoin was born, everything changed. Before, human nature determines whether a consensus can be achieved, normally by violence, treaties, agreements, laws and other forms. However, Bitcoin gives technology and algorithms the access to forming consensus . The previous consensus can be changed and discarded at will. Yet the consensus of Bitcoin is founded on cryptography and mathematics, and that abides by the laws of mathematics sorely.

That is the consensus of Bit Civilization, whose cornerstone is algorithms and technology, transcending human nature in that it is not governed by people and it manages people with the help of algorithms. That's why I gave it that name, it is an advanced human civilization. Bitcoin is leading us from a low-level civilization to a high-level one. It may take one or five or even ten decades, but I believe it will come and no one can stop it.

This is my understanding of some basic concepts of consensus. What's your point?
Pages:
Jump to: