Pages:
Author

Topic: WHATS HAPPENING !!!! - page 3. (Read 823 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 1
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
January 10, 2018, 11:59:28 PM
yer unfortunately now its totally random; alts are down and so is bitcoin, so I would say holding steady and being very careful what you buy (and sell) is a good choice

when its BTC down, and alts up its a bit easier. likewise if BTC up and alts down, its easy to predict what the movement is.

day trade at your own risk
Activity: 420
Merit: 136
January 10, 2018, 11:34:12 PM
Good advice except the opposite is happening right now. FUD from Asia is crashing the market the last few days around this time of the day. Bitcoin drops 10% then alts drop the same amount.
Activity: 74
January 10, 2018, 11:32:54 PM
thanks its helpful , well i think its always good to reserve like 20-30% portfolio on btc , in case the discount open up , im hording my so called shit coin for now , selling in 2019 , day trading only for now , to pay the bills , and next month eth etc expanse , the ethereum alliance is having big agenda
Activity: 56
January 10, 2018, 11:12:40 PM
Good post and good advice for the noobs. I missed this one and couldn't be arsed to liquidate. Just going to sit, ride it out and wait for everything to correct which means holding.

and for anyone saying that it's only certain coins that have lost value, that's incorrect, most of them have. This happens regularly in crypto world so don't freak out or panic (as you said in your title).
Activity: 14
January 10, 2018, 11:08:11 PM
Sorry for the late message, I wanted to address this yesterday however juggling work, life, family and personal portfolio management is proving to be a large task.
Just a quick note for all the new comers out there. For those of you who are yet to experience a "BTC run", strap your self's in, because all signs are pointing to the fact that BTC may start its climb again.
Essentially what I want to say is, if you see some of your alt holds dropping, DONT PANIC SELL. This is a normal occurrence when BTC goes on one of its tangents. There will be blood in the streets people but just remember HOLD your positions.
Without this being financial advice, one might also suggest you consider liquidating short / mid Alt positions for BTC, while it goes on its run. This does have its risks to be aware of, but it is common to do so.
As for long holds, bury them in your ether wallet and forget.
With 16.6 K resistance broken, a march is pretty much confirmed. It is highly recommended you avoid trading at this time until the market gives more indication around what it is up to.
There are two scenarios here :
1. BTC rampages and alts bleed (ALT DISCOUNTS - YAY)
2. We start to see more steady growth again with small p & d's as she continues to climb.
The main take away from this post.
- DONT PANIC SELL. If you choose to hold your alts through the few days. Be prepared to see your market value quarter if you choose to hold your alt positions. They will recover over time dont worry, but if you plan to HOLD, make sure to stick to that plan.
- If you choose to liquidate back to BTC (short to mid holds), plot your entry and exits NOW, have a plan. This could be an opportunity to churn some of your favorite coins once the discounts open up  Wink.
Any questions ask away.
Cheers,
Happy Trading.
Pages:
Jump to: