Pages:
Author

Topic: What's happening to Bitcoin? - page 25. (Read 3708 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 100
December 20, 2017, 09:53:07 PM
It is the nature of bitcoin, being volatile. But I think, the sudden dump or plunge of its price is just because of the Christmas season, and many people are now panicking because of this.
Activity: 462
December 20, 2017, 08:28:57 PM
also the fee for a transaction that is so big and nonsense.

Why is that ?
I am also surprised with the price of bitcoin right, the price of bitcoin is totally dump very high, but eventhough the price of bitcoin is decreasing right now, i will still hold my bitcoin until the price of it will rise again, because i know to my self that the price of bitcoin is not stable so i will just trust bitcoin to rise again so i can make many money in the future.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
December 20, 2017, 07:59:37 PM
What has happened to Bitcoin for the last six months or so is out of ordinary. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens again, when it plunges.
The great grow was just in 30 last days. That`s very crazy! Cryptocurrency now looks like a wildwest with it`s own rules and canons.
A lot of new investors came, especially from America (coinbase allow easily to buy btc,ltc,eth and bcc for fiat money on bank card)
The governments will start legalising about the crypto currency in near future and then the demand of the crypto currency will go to all time high and so will be the price. The problem is that the people around the world are hesitating to invest because of no guarantee from any government and still the demand is this high, if the guarantee is there, then you can well imagine about the demand and the price against that demand.
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
December 20, 2017, 07:05:57 PM
Bitcoin is taking a huge plunge!
Are you guys selling to be safe, or still hodl in the hope it will go up again?
Definitely a huge plunge! The value of Bitcoin is really unexpected; it is surprising how Bitcoin begin to increase its price. As of now, I'm holding my Bitcoin, in case that the price gets higher, I would have a higher profit to.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 2736
Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o
December 20, 2017, 06:46:12 PM
To be honest i think this is the doing of traders as their signals are likely reading out that  its the right time to sell and once it goes down to a certain point the same traders will buy and price will go up for sure.

Other people say coinbase has contributed to whats happening to bitcoin as they have support for bch which is expected to pump.
Activity: 201
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
December 20, 2017, 06:42:28 PM
I think after a long time it goes up. That is the time of correction. So, you should not sell them. let buy more and wait until new year.
Activity: 280
Merit: 105
December 20, 2017, 06:25:36 PM
I do not move my portfolio into and out of BTC.

To answer your question, money is flowing from BTC to BCH.. that's how it's falling. For many, it's good opportunity to buy more.

I don't think that's the only thing behind it, I think also bitcoin is just hurting in itself, the price needed a correction also. In time it will recover, when fees and speeds improve it will go up greatly.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
December 20, 2017, 06:20:55 PM
I do not move my portfolio into and out of BTC.

To answer your question, money is flowing from BTC to BCH.. that's how it's falling. For many, it's good opportunity to buy more.

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
December 20, 2017, 06:09:00 PM
The price of the bitcoin decreasing and I think many people sell their bitcoin because they want profit . The better you gonna do right now is to buy bitcoin and hold it because for sure after few hours or few days it will increase again the price or it will recover again. They havr possible the price become higher than current highest price. But it's up to you what better is either hold or you can sell . The decision must be yours
Activity: 868
Merit: 116
December 20, 2017, 05:12:04 PM
For me, this small drop of the price is necessary. Moreover, in the last period there are some difficulties and affected negatively to many users of cryptocurrencies , particularly for the low payment in many categories, also the fees is high. And I think the best way in this duration is holding not selling, because the next period will advance the price and in a fast way.

Activity: 407
Merit: 101
December 20, 2017, 02:30:08 PM
the end of the year bitcoin prices continue to rise up and down prominently, but I prefer to keep doing hodl in the hope that bitcoin will skyrocket again at the beginning of the year.
Activity: 144
December 20, 2017, 02:17:29 PM
Why would you sell? the price has dropped a little bit , it is nothing compared to all the money that bitcoin has been increasing during the last few days.
I can not understand anymore why a lot of people are still complaining about it, you really need to stop beeing so greedy.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
December 20, 2017, 01:31:45 PM
I would try to add more in this correction as from what I know it is caused by profit taking of whales and other traders. You don't need to worry about Bitcoin having a huge price decrease as usually it will soon recover, remember that if there arenno bad news that is when you know that it's price decrease is cause by profit taking. Maybe my next step or strategy would be shifting my balances from US Dollar to Bitcoin as it is one way to increase the quantity of my Bitcoin everytime it goes into a cheaper price.
Activity: 154
Merit: 8
SODL
December 20, 2017, 01:31:07 PM
but I truly believe the devs will solve them.

They indeed are trying to solve it. The "Lightning network" should fix the issue's according to the devs. That might or might not work out as good as planned, we'll have to wait till they publish the details.

Even if bitcoin does lose viability as a payment system, it will still be a store of value and the fact that so much institutional money is going into it right now is a very good sign for the future! HODL

But why would people store money in bitcoin instead of say bitcoin cash if it's not a viable payment system ? The whole reason bitcoin is so popular right now is that it's THE payment system of choice at the moment. If a shop supports coins then it most likely will be bitcoin. But that is changing as we speaks, reports of shops changing to DASH and BCH are coming out more and more now, like https://www.ccn.com/gift-card-platform-bitcart-ditches-bitcoin-over-transaction-times-only-accepts-dash/ and https://news.bitcoin.com/remittance-startup-bitspark-drops-bitcoin-over-network-fees/ or stores just drop support altogether because of the high fees: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/12/steam-drops-bitcoin-payment-option-citing-fees-and-volatility/
Activity: 336
December 20, 2017, 01:25:56 PM
No doubt I'm holding. Sure there are issues right now, but I truly believe the devs will solve them. Even if bitcoin does lose viability as a payment system, it will still be a store of value and the fact that so much institutional money is going into it right now is a very good sign for the future! HODL
SODL
December 20, 2017, 01:21:14 PM
Bitcoin network is under attack from bitcoin cash supporters and founders
That's correct. The question is: do they have valid points ?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
December 20, 2017, 01:18:39 PM
Holding bitcoin tightly like always, actually buying more during current dip.

When mining difficulty will be adjusted miners will get back to bitcoin  from bitcoin cash because it will be profitable for them again and block will be found within 10 minutes and fee will get down.

Bitcoin network is under attack from bitcoin cash supporters and founders
SODL
December 20, 2017, 01:13:52 PM
also the fee for a transaction that is so big and nonsense.

Why is that ?
Activity: 1050
Merit: 254
December 20, 2017, 01:10:43 PM

I'm still holding my bitcoins until now. I think it's because the bitcoin network have many unconfirmed transaction and also the fee for a transaction that is so big and nonsense. Many people convert their bitcoins into bitcoin cash and if you see the bitcoin cash price right now, the price is increase so high today.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
December 20, 2017, 01:08:52 PM
Not just bitcoin, but other alts too. But one thing I noticed, all other "bitcoins" are rising. bitcoin gold, bitcoin cash
Pages:
Jump to: