Pages:
Author

Topic: Whats happening to BTC ? - page 2. (Read 4276 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1021
November 10, 2013, 02:38:13 PM
When there are not enough people spending BTC the exchange rate goes down.
legendary
Activity: 2006
Merit: 1028
Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!
November 10, 2013, 02:34:36 PM
It's going to go somewhat lower than the current price we see at this moment. A plateau will ensure and shortly after, the decline.

As for the week, I believe it's going to be quite interesting what happens. However, for now, the forecast is a downtrend.

I agree, holidays are coming up, vacations, presents...
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
November 10, 2013, 02:28:07 PM
It's going to go somewhat lower than the current price we see at this moment. A plateau will ensure and shortly after, the decline.

As for the week, I believe it's going to be quite interesting what happens. However, for now, the forecast is a downtrend.
Activity: 448
November 10, 2013, 02:26:08 PM
If you think that something is 'happening' to BTC every time the price falls by 25%, then you should probably run away now.

Seriously, something would be "happening" when the price isn't either falling or rallying by 25% every couple of days. Don't stress, we're back where we were like 3 days ago. Just hold.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
November 10, 2013, 02:25:02 PM
Hi guys. Whats is lowering the BTC price ?  Undecided  Undecided maybe the china ?

Yes and no.

#1: We've had an epic growth period, time for a correction/consolidation.
#2: This is a weekend, market is less bullish on weekends.
     - Because people are doing other things
     - Because banks are closed, not processing transactions - no more fiat coming in to buy, but BTC can still be easily sold = sell pressure
#3: This is a long weekend, meaning at least in the US, people will have to wait until Tuesday before banks start processing deposits/wires.

So, I think these factors combine quite nicley to explain this drop. The fact that we're still ~ 300 is actually probably a good sign, as it appears to be more of a correction than crash.

If we resume the upward trend next week, it will considerably increase my confidence of the current price levels. I, for one, while sad BTC is not $50,000 at hte moment, am happy to see the end of the exponential price gains - it makes this much more realistic and sustainable. We shall see what happens next.

Agreed, we should work to reinforce our satisfaction with not having exponential price gains. It's exciting, but unreasonable, unsustainable and a bad long term sign.
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
November 10, 2013, 02:18:55 PM
Dragons ate the panda bears.
Activity: 308
November 10, 2013, 01:59:36 PM
Hi guys. Whats is lowering the BTC price ?  Undecided  Undecided maybe the china ?

Yes and no.

#1: We've had an epic growth period, time for a correction/consolidation.
#2: This is a weekend, market is less bullish on weekends.
     - Because people are doing other things
     - Because banks are closed, not processing transactions - no more fiat coming in to buy, but BTC can still be easily sold = sell pressure
#3: This is a long weekend, meaning at least in the US, people will have to wait until Tuesday before banks start processing deposits/wires.

So, I think these factors combine quite nicley to explain this drop. The fact that we're still ~ 300 is actually probably a good sign, as it appears to be more of a correction than crash.

If we resume the upward trend next week, it will considerably increase my confidence of the current price levels. I, for one, while sad BTC is not $50,000 at hte moment, am happy to see the end of the exponential price gains - it makes this much more realistic and sustainable. We shall see what happens next.
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
November 10, 2013, 01:29:01 PM
Hi guys. Whats is lowering the BTC price ?  Undecided  Undecided maybe the china ?

I think what may have happened was that pressure to sell was stronger than pressure to buy. What normally ensues in that case is a price drop. Wink
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
November 10, 2013, 12:41:50 PM
panda bears
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
November 10, 2013, 12:37:56 PM
Pages:
Jump to: