Pages:
Author

Topic: What's happening to kucoin? - page 3. (Read 496 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 424
I buy all valid country Gift cards swiftly.
March 30, 2024, 03:28:22 AM
Well, I think KuCoin has passed more severe cases in the past and they’re already an established exchange and don’t think they will be shaking because of this recent case.
This topic has already been discussed but I think it’s worth talking about repeatedly as anything could happen and users of the exchange ought to be vigilant and stay watchful of their exchange, so as not to be taken unaware.

I hope KuCoin and it’s team gets to settle all of this because it’s really a heart breaking news and since a lot of major investors are already withdrawing their assets, I think it will greatly affect them negatively m, as other users might also want to withdraw theirs too.
Activity: 2380
Merit: 251
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
March 30, 2024, 03:11:53 AM
No exchange is free from charges by the government entities, Binance recently agreed to pay penalty of 5 BN or so, that's what the nature of crypto exchanges still they can remain stronger until they have good team of lawyers who can break the follow-up charges or bring down the charges to minimum level.
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
March 30, 2024, 01:48:16 AM
Just searched about KuCoin, and I'm seeing some disturbing news about their founders being charged by the Justice Department for violating some laws.

Does anyone know more about this? What implications could this have on the CEX, especially now that they're targeted in the US?

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/prominent-global-cryptocurrency-exchange-kucoin-and-two-its-founders-criminally
All I know and hear is that the owner of Kucoin has been charged and convicted of money laundering. We previously saw Binance CEO CZ convicted of money laundering and fined $4 billion. Of course CZ has settled all his cases and is now proceeding as before with his exchange. People were very scared in the first stage but now it is completely normal. So I would say to those who are in fear of such news of Kucoin, I would say that you have no reason to fear, very soon all the problems will be solved and everything will be back to normal.

I hope so, because news like this could be detrimental to the platform. Users might lose trust, and that's not a good thing. I'm curious, where/how can someone diversify to safeguard against all these setbacks?
Activity: 854
Merit: 262
March 29, 2024, 12:55:04 PM
The news has been circulating that part of the team plans to sell the exchange which had resulted in money launching.
This is not a comfortable news for an exchange that is quite seen as reputable but I just hope that this kind of news is going to die off soon and the matter is going to be resolved. Since the emergence of the news, many influencers had been advising their followers rk get their money off the exchange which could be a catastrophe to the exchange.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
March 29, 2024, 12:54:04 PM

they were operating for a long time but times up, time to pay up and the founders just ran. it's not new anymore and if users are laundering through their exchange, ready or not they will be guilty.

they will be found somewhere just like Do Kwon. if they aren't in the next few months then we might just hear the same story as that founder of a Canadian exchange that died.
Activity: 336
Merit: 185
March 29, 2024, 12:42:43 PM
Just searched about KuCoin, and I'm seeing some disturbing news about their founders being charged by the Justice Department for violating some laws.

Does anyone know more about this? What implications could this have on the CEX, especially now that they're targeted in the US?

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/prominent-global-cryptocurrency-exchange-kucoin-and-two-its-founders-criminally
All I know and hear is that the owner of Kucoin has been charged and convicted of money laundering. We previously saw Binance CEO CZ convicted of money laundering and fined $4 billion. Of course CZ has settled all his cases and is now proceeding as before with his exchange. People were very scared in the first stage but now it is completely normal. So I would say to those who are in fear of such news of Kucoin, I would say that you have no reason to fear, very soon all the problems will be solved and everything will be back to normal.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 761
Burpaaa
March 29, 2024, 12:34:46 PM
I hear the news that kucoin or the founder had issue with money laundry, something like that. But please I hate when this problem is so big
. Please I dont want the FtX 2.0 here

But i just watch their twitter and everything seem normal and i hope like this. to be honest Us is now checking everything that related to crypto

FTX is different because the founder is an American citizen and he use his customers funds on many questionable expenses that makes FTX balance sheet to negative. Kucoin is just facing legal issue which they can resolve by complying to the US government and paying fines for what they’ve done.

I believe social is just intensifying everything because this is what many people wants ot heard on a FUD news like this. I’m not a user of Kucoin but I now that they have enough funds to continue the operation despite paying fines.
copper member
Activity: 1988
Merit: 905
Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia
March 29, 2024, 12:28:02 PM
I hear the news that kucoin or the founder had issue with money laundry, something like that. But please I hate when this problem is so big
. Please I dont want the FtX 2.0 here

But i just watch their twitter and everything seem normal and i hope like this. to be honest Us is now checking everything that related to crypto
Activity: 1050
Merit: 657
March 29, 2024, 11:19:39 AM
Because there was news that questioned Kucoin, it was natural that asset owners there quickly decided to move their assets. what happened shows us that there are still many people who have not learned from the cases that have occurred with the exchange.

I just hope there aren't any more big swaps that end up having to go down. if they make a mistake then they have to pay a fine instead. I think Kucoin can solve it.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1041
March 29, 2024, 11:17:06 AM
I heard founders are hiding already. Not sure if it was true but just like what happened to CZ, they were called by DOJ also but the two just fled as they were also indicted with money laundering. It's a sure thing they are going to also pay for it and I guess they aren't complying.
Activity: 1792
Merit: 871
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
March 29, 2024, 11:14:50 AM
Am pretty sure Kucoin being in the business for such a long time know how to deal with such issues and it won't be the last either!
It's just unfortunate that it's its own users that spread all this FUD to try cause some panic in the markets that could cause the dumping of coins which is nothing to celebrate about.. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if these are hired guns trying to siphone it's users to themselves especially that they are among the big exchanges we have atm .

Otherwise, bad news affecting an entity such as Kucoin actually trickles down to everyone having an interest in cryptocurrencies and we shouldn't celebrate this hurdle.. Just hope this ends with a fine and we move on.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 268
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 29, 2024, 11:00:41 AM
As far as I know, these issues with Kucoin didn't just happen once; all of them were overcome and resolved by Kucoin. I can consider it a big exchange in the field
of the cryptocurrency industry.

This is almost at the same time as Binance; if I'm not mistaken, I even saw that they even ran a bounty campaign or signature campaign way back in 2016–2017,
if I'm not mistaken, so I can say that Kucoin can solve this big exchange here.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
March 29, 2024, 08:20:12 AM
If you should not be discussing what we have discussed before but just if recent, you can read about people opinion about tir question on this thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.63861830

Kucoin is a strong exchange that we think we be able to survive this. US will not just give them fine that they will not be able to pay if necessary the exchange has to pay fine.
Activity: 266
Merit: 3
Navigating the Crypto world & Holding BGB Along..
March 29, 2024, 08:07:51 AM

Pages:
Jump to: