Pages:
Author

Topic: What's so “convincing” about Craig Wright? - page 2. (Read 239 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
You're right and Craig Wright is a decent guy

What's decent about this liar? The way he throws lawsuits against poeple, the way he lies in court, the way he weasels his way out of every debate?

I read tweets about bitcoin since I follow mostly bitcoin related accounts, but I have to admit; there's a ton of BSV supporters.
~
I don't understand what's the incentive of those people on continuing this propaganda.

Bitconnect had a lot of supporters too, so did a lot of other shitcoins, there are thousands of poeple out there who tweet about tokens just in the hope the price will rise by 1 cent for a million tweets. The incentive is simple, $ What else? Do you think anyone would dedicate so much time over a shitcoin if it weren't for $? It's nothing different about those guys either, they got trapped with in some cases a lot of money now they have only one choice if they want to avoid losing even more.

Btw, its hash rate is around 400PH now, it's slowing getting into the range where a single major farm (not pool!) could take it out.

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
Just as there are people who put up altars and pray for Pablo Escobar, there are also people who truly believe Craig Wright is the real Satoshi Nakamoto. In other words, there are people who are extremely misled. Indeed, there's more than a handful of them. Calvin Ayre of CoinGeek is one of them.

What's amusing is that just as we are confused why these people believe in Craig Wright as the real Satoshi, they are also confused why we can't see the obvious thing that Craig is Satoshi. It's a funny thing.

You're right and Craig Wright is a decent guy who has a lot of money and connections. that's why some people believe in what he is blabbering about him being the real Satoshi. Unfortunately, these people will not go anywhere and as days pass, they will realize that they are on the wrong side where they only get false promises from him which will never gonna happen anyway. The only people left there will be those fools who still think they are now one step closer to changing the fortune of their life.
Activity: 287
Merit: 363
"Stop using proprietary software."
What's hysterical about it is that there is a literal mountain of evidence that points to him being not satoshi.

I am curious if his followers have ever taken a look at 2 items off that list. It has been debunked over and over and over again that he is not satoshi.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 49
Binance #Smart World Global Token
Just as there are people who put up altars and pray for Pablo Escobar, there are also people who truly believe Craig Wright is the real Satoshi Nakamoto. In other words, there are people who are extremely misled. Indeed, there's more than a handful of them. Calvin Ayre of CoinGeek is one of them.

What's amusing is that just as we are confused why these people believe in Craig Wright as the real Satoshi, they are also confused why we can't see the obvious thing that Craig is Satoshi. It's a funny thing.

That explains why! And if you look at human history, stories like this one involving Craig Wright is actually a very popular theme, with Hitler in the WW2 as one of the most popular...people followed him like a god with their two eyes open and wide even approving the killing of millions of other human beings right in their doorsteps. Of course, am not really comparing Craig Wright to Hitler since the man never killed anyone but we can see similarities of this man's followers who are so convinced that he is the real Satoshi Nakamoto even if documents and events proved otherwise. Anyway, one thing more I can say is that we all have the right to be blinded anyway. 
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
You don't need to be convincing these days.  You just need to be loud and obnoxious and suddenly lots of idiots will pay attention to you.  Wright's only discernible talent is being loud and obnoxious (and dishonest).  It isn't sustainable, though.  And we're starting to see evidence of that.  

Given the rate at which their shitcoin is collapsing, I don't think we need to worry about the dwindling number of supporters.  Pretty sure the only ones left on board are the truly dishonest or truly ignorant ones.  It's not possible for them to be just a little ignorant or just slightly dishonest.  They're the absolute lowest of the low.  And they'll get what's coming to them.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
they prolly aren't thinking critically like you want them to

It's not just critical thinking that reveals you the obvious. There's a dedicated development team about bitcoin's client, an even bigger team of people who work for the Lightning Network or other projects, this forum that contains sayings of inspiring people, signed messages by addresses Craig is supposed to own which reveals clearly he's a liar, an ideology that rejects single entities or people who influent the currency and ruin the beauty of decentralization.

It's not just critical thinking that misses from these people. They're also unaware of what's Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
'Life's but a walking shadow'!
Some people support a "thing" or an ideology without really understanding it, some people even basically go as far as supporting the person popularizing the propaganda, not caring about the authenticity or validity, just without foresight supporting the person spearheading the said propaganda, and as such, whatever it is such person presents becomes 'fact & true' to them, without research, making their own findings or even asking necessary questions.

I believe most of the people in support of Craig and whatever he says falls under the above, they prolly aren't thinking critically like you want them to, and then again some people like to be on the controversial side of things, they prolly do not wholeheartedly believe the arguments, but they basically just want to "stand on the other side", the rest of them maybe are earning from it in one way or another.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
I read tweets about bitcoin since I follow mostly bitcoin related accounts, but I have to admit; there's a ton of BSV supporters. I mean, many, not just a bunch of bots or Craig and his BSV bitcointalk accounts. (Whose topic I still don't get why it isn't deleted)

Seriously, just search for “Craig Wright” in Twitter.

I don't understand what's the incentive of those people on continuing this propaganda. Do they really consider their arguments valid? Are they convinced that Craig is Satoshi even though there are numerous accusations that suggest otherwise? Do they get paid for doing it somehow? I haven't ever met a person who supports it in real life, but I can imagine they'll have some sort of disorder to do it.
Pages:
Jump to: