Pages:
Author

Topic: What's stopping crypto from mass adoption? - page 2. (Read 741 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 281
October 13, 2019, 12:33:19 AM
The crypto space is not very noob friendly: bitcoin and blockchain are complex daunting topics; cryptocurrencies themselves are not very user-friendly; and the cryptocurrency space has gathered a bad reputation for being filled with scams. A small mistake sending coins from your wallet can cause you to lose your money and ruin your experience. So, while everyone has heard about blockchain and bitcoin, people are not only unsure how to get started, they are also faced with these high barriers to entry.

TokenTuber’s mission is to lower the barriers to entry to the cryptocurrency space so that mass adoption of cryptocurrencies can be achieved. On TokenTuber you can learn and educate yourself on everything you need within the crypto space. We will hold your hand and guide you on your journey in the crypto world. Not only that, you can also earn your first cryptocurrency and trade it with absolutely no cost.

We are looking for global partners (evangelists) to make this vision become reality!  Feel free reach us via [email protected]

Link to our Website: https://www.tokentuber.com
*Whitepaper is available on our website!
I think fake news and misconceptions are factors in stopping crypto from mass adoption. There are still people who thinks cryptocurrencies are scams and it can be use in illegal ways like buying drugs in deepweb. If people have knowledge about what is cryptocurrencies, I am sure that they will make investment.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 358
October 12, 2019, 11:50:01 PM
The crypto space is not very noob friendly: bitcoin and blockchain are complex daunting topics; cryptocurrencies themselves are not very user-friendly; and the cryptocurrency space has gathered a bad reputation for being filled with scams. A small mistake sending coins from your wallet can cause you to lose your money and ruin your experience. So, while everyone has heard about blockchain and bitcoin, people are not only unsure how to get started, they are also faced with these high barriers to entry.

TokenTuber’s mission is to lower the barriers to entry to the cryptocurrency space so that mass adoption of cryptocurrencies can be achieved. On TokenTuber you can learn and educate yourself on everything you need within the crypto space. We will hold your hand and guide you on your journey in the crypto world. Not only that, you can also earn your first cryptocurrency and trade it with absolutely no cost.

We are looking for global partners (evangelists) to make this vision become reality!  Feel free reach us via [email protected]

Regulations are one of the reason why mass adoption is still in process. There are still countries that doesn't have plan to accept cryptocurrencies in their country. People will adapt cryptocurrencies if their country will regulate it.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
October 12, 2019, 10:27:07 PM
There are no such as things as noob friendly. Every veteran, expert, and wizard have to start somewhere. There is no one who starts from 5, everyone starts from zero. Blockchain and crypto are a bit complicated but, just like everything else, it could be learned.

The stopping factor of crypto mass adoption is not its being complicated actually. It is the volatile price, the transaction fee which remains a bit high until today, the confirmation time, the lack of internet in some areas, the lack of legal support or regulation from the authorities, and so on.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004
October 12, 2019, 10:08:29 PM
Basically speaking,no more coins solved existed problem.

BTC/ETH surely solved many real problems,but still need improvements and time to get mass adoption.
Like compound,MakerDAO,these DeFi try,it's a good signal to get mass users and solved these unbanked ppl problem.

For other coins,only a few provide innovate tech,and also need more time to get bigger,the other copy hats just need time to die and disappear.
copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 3
Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media
October 11, 2019, 09:58:28 AM
The lack of existing solutions that are based on blockchain technology. Crypto is very fancy and overhyped but without any real use case that can be adopted by masses. As soon as we would get enough working products, time till the mass adoption won't last long.
Activity: 50
Merit: 1
October 11, 2019, 02:22:43 AM
In my opinion, the strategy that could help people adopt blockchain technology and crypto trading would be making an effort to educate the masses about this technology. People will only adopt something that they have a full understanding of. Campaigns and advertising the technology on social media platforms where most people are participants would go a huge mile in helping the adoption of crypto.
You made a very good point. Educating the people about blockchain technology and cryptocurrency will facilitate mass adoption. However, through my experience in crypto space, I've come to realise that self-taught or self-education is the key to have a full knowledge of blockchain which is always bred by love for the tech. Educating people should be in a way to awake the interest in people and from there, these individuals can carry on personally.

Yes self education is the way, actually if you check our platform you will see that it is not a video course platform where you pay for guy who is teaching you with a video, it is more like self education portal where you can find all crypto related resources already found for you and organised in order so you dont jump topic to topic and get lost, by doing that we basically help you self learn first easier and then faster.
October 11, 2019, 02:19:53 AM
That's a good mission, especially for newbies or new investors to learn and prepare. To support that you need a big partner to gain public trust.

At the moment we are trying to partner with big KOLs in crypto space to spread the word but every person can help, that is why we need to spread word.
October 11, 2019, 02:18:04 AM
That is good. When people became educated about crpyto they will easily learn and adopt about crypto world. Because the number reason of very slow mass adoption of crypto is lack of knowledge so they will easily believe about negative feedbacks and news about crypto. If they have enough knowledge nothing will stop their desire to invest and use crypto.

Yeps. Lack of knowledge, as we only have awareness from people. There are quite few people that has knowledge in crypto. I won't call myself knowledgeable enough, and I'll also exclude the dev behind every single crypto coins we know. I would be fascinated if there would be study of Blockchain and crypto in Information Technology and Business courses offered in universities. There's only few country that offers that study, and because of that most of other people just seemed to self-study.

On education side of things, we are hoping to soon launch course titles which are free of charge so new comers can actually pick topics and learn related to those specific topics just like school system.
October 11, 2019, 02:15:34 AM
In my opinion, the strategy that could help people adopt blockchain technology and crypto trading would be making an effort to educate the masses about this technology. People will only adopt something that they have a full understanding of. Campaigns and advertising the technology on social media platforms where most people are participants would go a huge mile in helping the adoption of crypto.
Educating the masses will take a lot of efforts you're left with one option which is to make the masses interested into learning cryptocurrency if you are really trying to  make people adopt the use of cryptocurrencies. However I do have different opinon, the only thing that stopping crypto from mass adoption is the lack of regulation. Although cryptocurrencies is all about freedom but old people tend to be afraid of something that are not officially recognized by the government or the country they resides in.

The one point you have mentioned is worth mentioning which is "make the masses interested into learning cryptocurrency" that is one of the aspecs we focus the most these days. We asked this question to our selves and said how can we make an average person be interested in crypto and our first initiative was an interactive crypto quiz which you can see here https://www.tokentuber.com/quiz, we already created quite buzz with it, seems we are getting people interested.
October 11, 2019, 02:09:40 AM

I agree that Cryptocurrency is not very noob friendly but there are a lot of developers that can make things easy for these newbies and noobs to fully understand how Cryptocurrency works, you don't need to study how to code to learn how to use Crypto.

Developers are trying to set up method tools and applications that will make things like you are just withdrawing cash from an ATM and you are sending funds like when you are sending cash using your credit card.

Soon we will have these options. By the way, I like your site it is indeed for newbies in Cryptos

We agree with you, as things get easier for people mass adoption will be much easier to achieve. The part we are trying make easy to entrance to crypto space and learning phase. Thanks for your good comments. We do really need the support of our community make a difference.
October 11, 2019, 02:07:52 AM
The truth be told. There are so many people coming up with scam project just to make money and just disappear with money. This really tarnish the image of the crypto world. In reality bad thing spread faster than the the good news and this will scare people away and mass adoption is far from archiving.

You definitely have good points here, but think about this why those people are getting scammed at first point? Probably you will find out that they didnt study well before acting, education here is very important if they first research and learn they give decision you will see rate of people getting scam will sharply decline. Because all scam projects follow the same similar patterns not that hard to see once you are educated enough.
October 11, 2019, 02:05:33 AM
can we trust this platform ...?
because most for now many platforms that provide a promotion that is so interesting and seem to be able to help all the problems in the crypto world. but apparently they only want personal information from visitors to be sold by them. or sometimes they look for target visitors so that these targets can be met which will then bring benefits to the platform development team.

Hey we do understand your concern regarding trust, because we also have seen soo many scam and profit only minded projects tearing crypto space. However, if you only spend five minutes on our platform again dont register just have a look, you can clearly see our aim is nothing like that, we would like to grow this community and again we are not solution every problem of crypto space we are only tackling one of them which we think is quite important and that is educating new comers, adopters to give them better crypto space experience.
Activity: 1050
September 26, 2019, 04:15:24 PM
You made a very good point. Educating the people about blockchain technology and cryptocurrency will facilitate mass adoption. However, through my experience in crypto space, I've come to realise that self-taught or self-education is the key to have a full knowledge of blockchain which is always bred by love for the tech. Educating people should be in a way to awake the interest in people and from there, these individuals can carry on personally.
Activity: 535
Merit: 33
here we go
September 21, 2019, 10:10:31 AM
That's a good mission, especially for newbies or new investors to learn and prepare. To support that you need a big partner to gain public trust.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 10
September 21, 2019, 10:00:35 AM
the least on risks as feature from the developer gives of contrast on nuance as users to get of customs as appealing option on following distinct with personal reference of strategy as expecting with use of returns on target with the terms of compliance.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
September 21, 2019, 10:00:23 AM
Fully banning is not something that is done by all nations like people assume it is, fully banning doesn't happen to exist except few places, hell even China who looks like the most anti-crypo country in the world looks like they are just banning certain stuff regarding crypto, yes you can't join ICO's and yes you can't mine bitcoin but at the end of the day you can buy bitcoin even in china, you can spend it and you can cash it out, they are just limiting it heavily not banning it. That is why governments are not the trouble when it comes to mass adoption.

The problem arises from people not being able to spend it on regular stuff, I can't go to grocery store and buy a carton of milk with crypto, maybe there are like less than 10 shops all globally that we can do it, we need all places to start accepting it, then we will have mass adoption because people would be able to use it.
Activity: 672
Merit: 254
September 21, 2019, 09:56:35 AM
I think that's one of the limitations of cryptocurrency. There are people who aren't capable of learning such things. Since unlike fiat, it's in digital, people who are not really good at technologies specially older ones, it's hard for them to learn crypto. Also the people from rural areas. Crypto is also not for people who are afraid of risk. It's one of the reason why crypto can't have mass adoption. Aside from the government, who's stopping or regulating crypto.
I think that you should spend another 10 years and then almost everyone will have cryptocurrency on their mobile phone or even on a chip in their hand.
Activity: 244
Merit: 100
September 21, 2019, 08:00:13 AM
I think that's one of the limitations of cryptocurrency. There are people who aren't capable of learning such things. Since unlike fiat, it's in digital, people who are not really good at technologies specially older ones, it's hard for them to learn crypto. Also the people from rural areas. Crypto is also not for people who are afraid of risk. It's one of the reason why crypto can't have mass adoption. Aside from the government, who's stopping or regulating crypto.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
September 21, 2019, 07:14:27 AM
I agree that using cryptocurrency is not as user friendly as using mobile wallets or Paypal. But it is not rocket science either. If the noobs could spend 10 or 20 minutes in learning about the wallets and transactions, then they can get comfortable with the basics. But the problem is that some of these lazy guys don't want to do that. And then they complain that it is very difficult to use cryptocurrency.
Activity: 840
Merit: 17
PG-PAY Gold Backed Token
September 21, 2019, 04:05:18 AM
This question is too easy to answer. Since there is no regulations, people are scarred of easily getting scammed. In a way thats true. Thats why we need regulations in place for getting some trust and then mass adaptation will happen.
Pages:
Jump to: