Pages:
Author

Topic: What's the best altcoin for micro-transactions? - page 3. (Read 2590 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I think time has proven that DOGE is the best for microtransactions... Nothing beats a 1 minute confirm time. Who knows... now that all the DOGEs are out there, maybe price will finally stabilize and the fast block time will work to its advantage, and it will thusly become a(n even more) serious coin.
Yes i agree with you. At the moment DOGE is the best for microtransactions. Maybe in the future there wel come faster microtransactions.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
I think time has proven that DOGE is the best for microtransactions... Nothing beats a 1 minute confirm time. Who knows... now that all the DOGEs are out there, maybe price will finally stabilize and the fast block time will work to its advantage, and it will thusly become a(n even more) serious coin.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
If you mean microtransactions as in small fractions of the type of coin you are using, then that is very very different.

But if you mean microtransactions as in a very small value can be sent without transaction fees or with transaction fees that are only a very small fraction of the value sent, then DeVCoins might qualify.

Maybe. Maybe not though.

The problem is, the minimum transaction fee of a coin is intended to be enough VALUE that it is costly to spam.

So coins with very low value per coin tend to need larger fractions of a coin as minimum transaction fee.

DeVCoins are so very cheap per coin that transaction fees can easily be whole coins, I have seen just recently a five devcoin fee on a devcoin transaction I sent. But of course I was sending ten or twenty million devcoins at the time so it was, relatively, a tiny fee.

If value is what you are concerned about, not ability to send fractions of a coin, then basically you want the most worthless coin that the person you are sending to considers worth receiving at all.

Or the most worthless coin they have any chance of eventually being able to exchange once they save up enough of them to even be worth exchanging.

-MarkM-
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Which, if any, of the alt cryptocurrencies is currently better at supporting very small transactions?

Thanks.

[Edit: I mean transactions that might sometimes need to be less than 54uBTC, because https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/2577]
Pages:
Jump to: