Pages:
Author

Topic: Whats the best way to pitch an investment here? - page 2. (Read 1733 times)

Activity: 131
Merit: 10
So you are going to collect bitcoins to start a vineyard in the US from outside of the country?

Or are you moving to the US?

Sounds like a horrific idea.

Why shouldn't I just invest dollars in a current vineyard? If you are successful will you be able to give me more bitcoins than I give you if the price of coins goes up? If it goes down?

Are you doing this successfully where you are? If yes, why are you doing this project? if no, why do you think you can do this project?

Anyone investing real money would need hard numbers?

You are going to "pay" in wine? Why not just buy wine instead of sending money to an anonymous person in hopes to get wine back way far down the line?

No am not moving to the US.

Yes you can invest in a current vineyard. I have not thought about the pricing of bitcoin, but since all my suppliers and primary customer only deal in Fiat currency, It would be prudent to pay you back in fiat, bitcoin would be the rails to transfer the value.

Yes, you'll get the numbers.

Payment in wine is an option, a good one for me since the farm will then have come with a ready market for its produce. Though it would be optional and provide an opportunity for the investors to get a reliable and regular supply of good quality wine. Grafted vineyards start producing within a year, with max production capacity starting in the second/third year. Guess that is eons in bitcoin time, but at some point we all need to step back into the real world.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
So you are going to collect bitcoins to start a vineyard in the US from outside of the country?

Or are you moving to the US?

Sounds like a horrific idea.

Why shouldn't I just invest dollars in a current vineyard? If you are successful will you be able to give me more bitcoins than I give you if the price of coins goes up? If it goes down?

Are you doing this successfully where you are? If yes, why are you doing this project? if no, why do you think you can do this project?

Anyone investing real money would need hard numbers?

You are going to "pay" in wine? Why not just buy wine instead of sending money to an anonymous person in hopes to get wine back way far down the line?
Tell us who you are.

In due time, though with a little research its easy to have most of my info. Meanwhile, got to save some face since this place can be brutal.

Tell us why you need our money.

In order to invest it in Viticulture and hopefully raise a profit for all involved. From my analysis, vineyards are a plant once, maintain for 35 - 40 years crop, which is a medium maintenance crop. Further, the end products which are grapes, grape juice and wine have an international market. Though I've come to learn the US has hangovers from the abolitionist period that limit importation of alcoholic drinks. But the world is far much greater than the US.

Tell us exactly what you are going to do with our money.

1. Tie down a 50yr lease of land. 5 hectares as a start would do, with a target to expand to 100 hectares within 5 years.
2. Plant several South African vines, and local varieties of Italian origin.
3. Develop supporting infrastructure such as stores and employee quarters, an irrigation system with an all weather borehole.
4. Enter into a grapes for wine contract with a local vintner, they do produce some award winning wines.
5. Pay my investors in wine, in order to reduce shipping and handling costs, bag in box wine containers should do, so that you will have to bottle the wine at destination. For those that can handle the extra cost, I could ship the wines in bottle or those high capacity metallic containers.

Grapes are also used in the manufacture of brandy, so that could also be part of the bag.

Tell us how you are qualified to do what you say you are going to do.

I am a farmer, technology enthusiast and live in a wine producing region. I'm also always on the lookout for projects that have a good return with minimal engagement, which is what is often called passive income, but sine I'll be running the farm, the passive income will have to wait until am able to package it and sell to a bigger operation.

Tell us how this will make more bitcoins for both of us.

The wines once delivered can be resold. But, its also possible to get paid directly upon delivery of the grapes to the vintner.

Tell us how you are going to prove that you are doing exactly what you said you were going to do in the previous questions.

From using online farm management Apps, to being transparent all along the way. I'm not from the US, so I'll work with the legal process in my country in order to ensure all avenues for legal redress are available. It would also be wonderful to convert part of the farm into a wine tourism spot, so that all and any of you can coe have pleasure while doing business.

Yes, thats about it.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
What is your goal?

Is your goal to rob a bunch of idiots?

If yes, it's easy to do here. Start a self moderated thread. throw out some word salad that doesn't make any sense that uses a bunch of buzzwords you will see all over the forum. Promise incredible returns, sit back and collect money from idiots.

Are you trying to start a real business?

If yes, can you earn bitcoins? I hope the answer to that is yes, because if it isn't, you should go somewhere else. If your only business plan is "do something and get rich when the price goes up" I have an alternative business plan that will work out better for everyone, I'll even give it away for free, "do nothing and get rich when the price goes up."

If you have an actual way to earn bitcoins and still need/want investment you can do some of this stuff to get started.

Tell us who you are.

Tell us why you need our money.

Tell us exactly what you are going to do with our money.

Tell us how you are qualified to do what you say you are going to do.

Tell us how this will make more bitcoins for both of us.

Tell us how you are going to prove that you are doing exactly what you said you were going to do in the previous questions.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
You have everything you need here Smiley just add a few parts to the mix:

Cogent idea
Transparent operation
Clear plan of action
Identifiable, legally liable actors
Honesty and integrity in operation.

I'm not trolling you. From what I've seen , that is so lacking from the overwhelming majority of what people chuck money at here that you could use the fuckin forum and a btc address to collect immense value. You can do less and get by. But if you truly want to make a difference, some shit that people will talk about, don't dismiss me.

Id counterparty, and if Uncle Sam comes to get that ass, yes, it is considered a security. the sec has a boner for this particular nuance of security law, be careful Wink understand that if you succeed, it won't be a deal, but if you fail, many angry people will expose the more sensitive parts of your personal life on reddit, and sue you into small pieces.

You are welcome Cheesy
I have been considering creating a token on counterparty, or NEM, or maybe even creating an Alt, though an alt would increase costs. Considering the investors will be receiving the product as pay/benefit instead of cash, would this still be a security?

What is the best way to go about it outside of startjoin.com, banktothefuture.com or swarm.fund which seems to have apoptosed?
Pages:
Jump to: