Pages:
Author

Topic: whats the easiest way to give btc as a gift? - page 3. (Read 1692 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
December 14, 2015, 07:01:28 PM
You can tell him/her to download any wallet (ex: mycelium ) on his/her smartphone and send whatever transaction you want. By this way s/he will have his firat experience with bitcoin
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
December 14, 2015, 06:55:43 PM
I was looking at the collectibles and I wanted to buy a Unobtanium "Physical Wallet" as a gift to a friend. It's a nice gift for those who just started with Bitcoins and less expensive as well.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
December 14, 2015, 06:50:32 PM
im using coinbase for my wallet but if i wanted to gift some for christmas to someone who does not have a wallet, how would i go about it?

The best way i see for giving away bitcoin for xmass is as either in loaded casascius physical bitcoin or as a loaded hardware wallet like trezor.
Either way you should hurry up if u're planing on doing that, due to delivery time.

If you're looking for a cheaper alternatives, you could set up a wallet on thumb drive or as a paper wallet, even tho i would definitely suggest
one of the first option i mentioned; it has way more class to it.

cheers
Activity: 448
Merit: 256
December 14, 2015, 06:46:41 PM
Print out a Paper Wallet (With QR Code on it) and send some Bitcoin to it.

You can create an Online Wallet at:
https://blockchain.info/de/wallet

There is an option to print it after creating it. You need to write down the Password and the Login-ID to get access to the Wallet via the Website. This is the easiest Option since the Person with the new Bitcoins has an online Wallet which he/she can use instantly.

Alternative you can find Paperwallets on:
https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/

It's a open Source Project so you don't have to be afraid that your bitcoins will be stolen creating a wallet there. If you want to make sure you can download the website and create the paper Wallets offline. But importing the Wallet can be difficult for a total new Person. So I would suggest the play with Blockchain.info Wallets for the beginning.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
December 14, 2015, 06:43:57 PM
im using coinbase for my wallet but if i wanted to gift some for christmas to someone who does not have a wallet, how would i go about it?
Pages:
Jump to: