Pages:
Author

Topic: What's the mechanism behind pumping? Profiting in both BTC & altcoin possible? - page 2. (Read 209 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1344
CoinPoker.com
Very a lot of reasons behind these pumps.
For me, the biggest ones are the institutions that are accumulating, especially since last year. There are a lot of them, and we can't disregard the retail investors. Especially the Decentralized Finance (DeFi) things explode.
It's just sad that those newcomers in crypto will their first cryptocurrency is Dogecoin.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
If a pumping is happening in an organic way then you may get chances to baghold both BTC and altcoins. I guess Elon Musk must be doing that right now, he is not simply pumping but he calls new investors through social media which means he tries to make up his pumping somewhat organic.

An organic pumping will not have big differences from natural bull market.

What is pumping? One or few whales manipulates.
Bull market? Masses participate.

It seems, right now, Elon Musk is trying to make up dogecoin's pump as a natural bull market. If he is able to invite more investors then he can sell those dogecoins that has been bought for cheaper prices. This way, he may profit both in dogecoins and bitcoins.

But, keep attracting new investors will make your BTC holding weaker which may end up in only altcoin stash.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1284
Elon Musk is not a speculator, and if he decides to speculate, he can manipulate many stocks and make profits higher than what Doge/BTC could achieve.
All the tweets about Dogecoin meme are jokes to test the strength of the currency and were used by speculators to create a bubble in the price of the currency, that bubble will soon burst, and these investors are the ones who will be rich.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 329
Let me narrow down this discussion with respect to Elon Musk and dogecoin for easy understanding purposes.

Dogecoin was trading around 30 satoshi few months back and we assume Elon Musk started his pumping with ~100 BTC.

Basically my question is, did they book profits for the dogecoins they bought under 50 satoshi when they were pumping above 100 satoshi? Or simply hoarding all the dogecoins into stash for profit booking all at once?

If they gather all buying means they they will surely run out of BTCs to keep buying after some point of time.

At the same time, if they keep booking profits time to time then they can take dogecoins to any level like even one dogecoin may value 0.1BTC also (because they do have 100 or more BTC in reserve to keep pumping).

Even I am into trading for years, I could not imagine how manipulation of such coin will work.

Any idea on what behind the screens going on?
Pages:
Jump to: