Pages:
Author

Topic: What's the next evolution in mining? - page 2. (Read 3506 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
June 06, 2011, 09:57:07 AM
New GPUs will be competing with ASICs and FPGAs.

You really think so?  I'm interested to see the new AMD 7000 series cards as well, but seeing that AMD didn't really improve mining performance from the 5000 to 6000 series, I'm wondering if the 7000's will actually improve mining.  Anyone seen anything that leads them to believe it might?

I think some guys will Buy some Big Server Farms only to get Bitcoins.
I also think that some big companys will start Mining.

I guess this isn't unexpected.  If you look at something comparable like the Gold Rush in the US, at first it was great for even little guys, but eventually it got to the point that the individual prospector couldn't compete and big conglomerates took over.  I wonder if in the long run this hurts BTC though, because a lot of the interest/charm it had was the fact that _anyone_ could do it and had a chance to make some money.  At some point you'll need to put in some serious coin to even have a shot of getting any coins and I wonder if that'll put a damper on things.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
June 06, 2011, 09:51:24 AM
I think some guys will Buy some Big Server Farms only to get Bitcoins.
I also think that some big companys will start Mining.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
June 06, 2011, 09:49:06 AM
LOL, I put in a search for "best hardware for calculating hash rate", and all I am getting is info on ganga !!

My money would be on the Chinese with massive GPU farms.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
June 06, 2011, 09:47:07 AM
As difficulty ramps up, folks look for more powerful and efficient ways to mine.  At some point in the past someone when "You know...if I use my GPU instead of my CPU I could really hammer out some block."

So, what do you all think the next 'big thing' will be?  Will it be FPGA's?  Will it just be huge GPU farms taking over?  Something out of the blue?

Let's try not to start a flame war and see if we can have a civil conversation about this. Smiley

I propose wind/solar powered mining farms, which would make mining free. Wink
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
June 06, 2011, 09:46:28 AM
New GPUs will be competing with ASICs and FPGAs.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
June 06, 2011, 09:40:34 AM
As difficulty ramps up, folks look for more powerful and efficient ways to mine.  At some point in the past someone when "You know...if I use my GPU instead of my CPU I could really hammer out some block."

So, what do you all think the next 'big thing' will be?  Will it be FPGA's?  Will it just be huge GPU farms taking over?  Something out of the blue?

Let's try not to start a flame war and see if we can have a civil conversation about this. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: