Pages:
Author

Topic: What's the Point of ICO Escrow? - page 4. (Read 6478 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100
January 10, 2017, 02:19:40 AM
What's the most reputable escrow service for this?
January 10, 2017, 02:18:31 AM
So, lets say you've developed a new altcoin and you're going to do an ICO. How does escrow protect coin purchasers? I mean, the dev team is eventually going to get access to the BTC at the end of the crowdsale, at which point they could just steal it all.
Escrow holds the funds until development is done and the promised product(shitcoins) hit exchanges and available for public, means the coins now are openly accessible so those with bags of coins can sell at will because when listed in exchanges it has value and funds are released because the equal value of funds are in hands of investors.

I understand now. Thanks!
Activity: 588
Merit: 541
January 10, 2017, 02:16:51 AM
So, lets say you've developed a new altcoin and you're going to do an ICO. How does escrow protect coin purchasers? I mean, the dev team is eventually going to get access to the BTC at the end of the crowdsale, at which point they could just steal it all.
Escrow holds the funds until development is done and the promised product(shitcoins) hit exchanges and available for public, means the coins now are openly accessible so those with bags of coins can sell at will because when listed in exchanges it has value and funds are released because the equal value of funds are in hands of investors.
January 10, 2017, 02:12:18 AM
I mean, isn't it more important to have transparency regarding how the BTC that is raised is spent? For instance, access to bank statements, etc.?
legendary
Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008
Stoned & Stranged
January 10, 2017, 02:09:17 AM
ICO Escrow is just pointless, same as pointless are ICOs without escrow. ICO's are plan useless.
January 10, 2017, 02:06:35 AM
Pages:
Jump to: