Pages:
Author

Topic: what's the point of tokens? - page 2. (Read 123 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 137
March 09, 2018, 02:03:43 PM
Tokens in general are very useful, because they perform a variety of functions that are not characteristic of coins. Universal coins, as a rule, have only the function of a means of payment. In tokens, this is not even the main function. Therefore, to say that tokens are useless, this is not true.
Activity: 532
Merit: 13
March 09, 2018, 01:46:47 PM
If you mean ERC-20 tokens then there is no point to many of them as they are not listed on the main exchanges,only etherdelta and forkdelta, so cannot be traded.
Activity: 222
Merit: 12
March 09, 2018, 01:44:33 PM
Most tokens are just expression of some value for those who invested in that project. Some of them are calling "utility tokens" but the only purpose is been to share anything for investor's money Smiley
Activity: 120
Merit: 0
March 09, 2018, 01:33:39 PM
Right now there are so many projects that use ICO, and each project has its own tokens, I am confused, what is the point of token ?, with lots of tokens emerging, will it be useful or just become garbage?
Basically tokens are a representation of a particular asset or utility, that usually resides on top of another block-chain also they are easy to produce but now most of them are useless because of the market situation.
Activity: 347
Merit: 100
March 09, 2018, 01:27:14 PM
Right now there are so many projects that use ICO, and each project has its own tokens, I am confused, what is the point of token ?, with lots of tokens emerging, will it be useful or just become garbage?

Judging by the current market situation most tokens will be simply of no value. But if the market goes up there will be such projects that will have quite valuable tokens. This is my opinion.  Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 9
March 09, 2018, 01:18:24 PM

The point of a token is similar to the point of a coin. It can be transacted and managed by smart contracts, etc... Some of them are garbage and some of them are gold.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 09, 2018, 01:05:40 PM
Say a company like amazon has reward points and they want to move to blockchain than they can create their own token and these reward points can be converted in the form of tokens.
Activity: 98
Merit: 9
March 09, 2018, 12:34:03 PM
Pages:
Jump to: