Pages:
Author

Topic: What's the talk on circle.com? - page 2. (Read 3028 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
December 28, 2013, 06:05:14 AM
I'm sick of the hype. Bitcoin has always been instant gratification. They just got a new board member from Wal-Mart and some investment firm though
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
December 28, 2013, 03:22:25 AM
circle is doing things the way they should be done, getting everything in order and the infrastructure built up. with the financial backing they have and the business experience they bring to the table i would imagine circle can do a pretty good job competing with the likes coinbase and bitpay. only time will tell though

They better hope so, otherwise somebody(s)'s goin' come along and add a four letter word starting with J to their name.

You got me guessing now .....
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
December 28, 2013, 01:22:26 AM
circle is doing things the way they should be done, getting everything in order and the infrastructure built up. with the financial backing they have and the business experience they bring to the table i would imagine circle can do a pretty good job competing with the likes coinbase and bitpay. only time will tell though

They better hope so, otherwise somebody(s)'s goin' come along and add a four letter word starting with J to their name.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
December 27, 2013, 11:30:22 PM
December 27, 2013, 11:00:51 PM
Funded by a very Big Fish (Accel, one of the highest market capped investment firms at the moment).

This was much bigger news than it ever got recognised for, if someone this influential is getting into the game, they're cutthroat serious. News like this is what's brought this Lee Ka Shing guy to invest in Bitpay, and whoever threw $25 million at Coinbase. Big sharks in the water.

And these guys do things right. We aren't talking BFL here .... thank god.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
December 27, 2013, 10:26:55 PM
Funded by a very Big Fish (Accel, one of the highest market capped investment firms at the moment).

This was much bigger news than it ever got recognised for, if someone this influential is getting into the game, they're cutthroat serious. News like this is what's brought this Lee Ka Shing guy to invest in Bitpay, and whoever threw $25 million at Coinbase. Big sharks in the water.
December 27, 2013, 10:04:44 PM
Seems to be lots of hype but no product.

1. Circle Raises lots of money.
2. XYZ Wall St exec joins board.
3. Circle spends shitloads buying .com domain

etc ...

From what I can see, they're trying to do everything Coinbase has already done.

But then again, I'm just a blind outsider listening to the inner workings of a factory.

What are people's thoughts?

Well it was circle.com - that was never going to be cheap Smiley

Let's wait and see. I'm happy for companies to spend time developing good services before announcing -> Launching. Much more professional than most bitcoin companies that just throw a website together and call it a product, then its gone six months later.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014
In Satoshi I Trust
December 27, 2013, 08:56:22 PM
lets wait and see. iam glad that we have this firm. they decided to do the regulation first and THEN start their business, thats new in the cryptoworld  Wink
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
December 27, 2013, 08:41:24 PM
Seems to be lots of hype but no product.

1. Circle Raises lots of money.
2. XYZ Wall St exec joins board.
3. Circle spends shitloads buying .com domain

etc ...

From what I can see, they're trying to do everything Coinbase has already done.

But then again, I'm just a blind outsider listening to the inner workings of a factory.

What are people's thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: