Pages:
Author

Topic: What's you opinion on graphic cards becoming obsolete in mining altcoins in 2019 - page 2. (Read 593 times)

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
GPU miners are too stupid and never adapted to the changing landscape , they think their GPU are still profitable when they are not.. Asic and fpga is where the money is at.

The longer you hold gpus the more rekt you will get
That is true for the short term if you get a first batch one. Otherwise once ASICS are out the difficulty will kill your profits and you have a loud doorstopper. FPGA will be a different story as long as the Devs keep up with the algos

If you bought the S9 in the first batch, you can still make some profits now.
Activity: 104
Merit: 11
GPU miners are too stupid and never adapted to the changing landscape , they think their GPU are still profitable when they are not.. Asic and fpga is where the money is at.

That is true for the short term if you get a first batch one. Otherwise once ASICS are out the difficulty will kill your profits and you have a loud doorstopper. FPGA will be a different story as long as the Devs keep up with the algos
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
Its only a matter of history repeating itself

where GPU's/CPU's POW threatened with ASIC's

ASIC's threatened with FPGA's

Where no Coins could be mine when Eth POS has been activated.

If you will only look at the existing and present hardware out there and existing coins at present as references

you will missed what would be the next coin to be emerge and what GPU will be released soon

and at the end of the day, GPU/CPU mining is still there
Activity: 846
Merit: 115

Activity: 123
Merit: 2
As the BTCBTCBTC market recovers over the next few months to a year GPU mining will become more profitable. And coins like Monero will continue to fork to avoid ASICs. I don't think GPU mining will be obsolete, not for a long time. I'm doing a little of both as a hobby. Good luck  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!
They likely won't become obsolete because there are coins out there determined to never allow FPGAs and ASICs to mine on their network and will fork and change algos to do so, but profitability may continue to fall due to rising difficulty and coin prices not going up enough to compensate. Profitability is lower than where it used to be and break even times for most cards are above 1 year now, but by no means are GPUs becoming obsolete anytime soon. The next generation GPUs from Nvidia and AMD with GDDR6 might give us a boost in hashrate and thus profitability as well, though nobody really knows by how much.
Activity: 141
Merit: 10
What's you opinion on graphic cards becoming obsolete in mining altcoins in 2019. I read some one saying that graphic cards are go down the river. So any truth to this?
Pages:
Jump to: