Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your email security best practice? - page 2. (Read 299 times)

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
August 14, 2019, 09:14:26 AM
[6] Use different password for all your emails. As a compliment to point 3 (as you listed above), the use of different password is also vital. This helps in situations if your emails or any online account gets compromised, the hacker can't easily have access to your other emails as they're not linked with the same password which is usually their first guess since majority of online users use similar password for all their online activities.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
'Life's but a walking shadow'!
August 14, 2019, 09:04:28 AM
Placing a credit freeze on your account is another bold step to protecting yourself, most especially from impersonators hanging around to steal your data and open up fraudulent credit accounts in your name or with your private information.

It's pertinent to explore almost all security measures you can lay your hands on, and freezing your credit would hide your credit file which contains where you live, how you pay your bills etc, from scammers and they will be unable to steal such Info.
It costs absolutely nothing to freeze your credit and less than an hour to unfreeze it, it's a no brainer if you ask me

Read more: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/advisor/camilo-maldonado/2019/03/28/the-pros-and-cons-of-a-freezing-your-credit/%3famp#ampshare=https://www.forbes.com/advisor/camilo-maldonado/2019/03/28/the-pros-and-cons-of-a-freezing-your-credit/
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
August 14, 2019, 08:17:12 AM
Hello there,

Everyone here has its own security method to protect their account. And so I think it would be better if you guys can share yours your tips. I will start mine,

[1] The most important of all, use a strong password, I emphasized strong, not good. It should consist of at least 10-14 characters or even longer, combinations of numbers, characters (lower and upper case) and symbols. Here is one guide [GUIDE] How to Create a Strong/Secure Password.

[2] Once you got a strong password, I make sure that at least I back it up, and make it a habit to change password every 3-6 months.

[3] Create different email for different purposes. For personal email, I used protonmail, then I create emails for my gambling activity only, and the another for my crypto related activities.

[4] 2FA -  This adds another layer of protection. So it's important to use it whenever possible.

[5] Password Manager - There's a lot of free password manager out there, so I advise others to try it as well.

[6] Use different password for all your emails. As a compliment to point 3 (as you listed above), the use of different password is also vital. This helps in situations if your emails or any online account gets compromised, the hacker can't easily have access to your other emails as they're not linked with the same password which is usually their first guess since majority of online users use similar password for all their online activities. Credit: CryptopreneurBrainboss

If you have other tips, please kindly share it and I will try to keep this thread up to date.
Pages:
Jump to: