Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your exit/take profit plan with Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 657 times)

Activity: 139
Merit: 100
My investment in Bitcoin has almost reached my target retirement fund amount, which I can put the money in some boring index fund to generate enough passive income for the rest of my life.
However, I don't want to sell all my Bitcoin at once, I'm a strong believer in Bitcoin, and think the future is bright, however, I must secure my profit as well, btw, I'm invested about 99% of my wealth in Bitcoin.

One exit plan that I came up was:
Sell 10% of my BTC once it hit my target amount, sell 20% on next year, 30%... and so on.

Illustrate: If I have 100BTC, sell 10BTC first year, sell 18BTC (20% of the 90BTC) next year...etc.

This exit plan still gives a lot of weight in Bitcoin, which means I'm still going to have a high-risk portfolio for next few years, the pros are, I believe Bitcoin value can multiply.

So what'll be your exit plan if you've had enough Bitcoin to live the rest of your life?

There is promise in Bitcoin right now. Prices will be rising to continually set new ATHs for the next week or so in my opinion. In terms of saving, I'd say that since you've reached your target (or have come close), you've profited a fair amount. You should leave your investment in Bitcoin as is for the next few days and see how that may reflect the price fluctuations in the coming weeks. Make your judgement based on those numbers that you crank out.

Exit plan is a must for all the bitcoin community. (The same for altcoins as well.)

It may undergo serious dumps and pumps but having a certain exit point is a must to realize the money you generated from it. For me, in 2025, I want it to be 50.000 dollars so that I can be rich.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I don't really have one. I'd vastly prefer to spend it directly on the stuff that I need rather than have to sell it.

If I were being sensible then once it had reached enough to buy a house and a modest amount to live on for the rest of my days by selling half then I suppose I'd have to do it. I certainly would not step out of it completely.

The idea of having to beat inflation to keep my living fund alive would make me feel like a right tosser.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039
My investment in Bitcoin has almost reached my target retirement fund amount, which I can put the money in some boring index fund to generate enough passive income for the rest of my life.
However, I don't want to sell all my Bitcoin at once, I'm a strong believer in Bitcoin, and think the future is bright, however, I must secure my profit as well, btw, I'm invested about 99% of my wealth in Bitcoin.

Sell 10% of my BTC once it hit my target amount, sell 20% on next year, 30%... and so on.

Illustrate: If I have 100BTC, sell 10BTC first year, sell 18BTC (20% of the 90BTC) next year...etc.

This exit plan still gives a lot of weight in Bitcoin, which means I'm still going to have a high-risk portfolio for next few years, the pros are, I believe Bitcoin value can multiply.

So what'll be your exit plan if you've had enough Bitcoin to live the rest of your life?

There is promise in Bitcoin right now. Prices will be rising to continually set new ATHs for the next week or so in my opinion. In terms of saving, I'd say that since you've reached your target (or have come close), you've profited a fair amount. You should leave your investment in Bitcoin as is for the next few days and see how that may reflect the price fluctuations in the coming weeks. Make your judgement based on those numbers that you crank out.
Activity: 406
Merit: 551
I am a banana.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0

Pages:
Jump to: