Pages:
Author

Topic: What's your favourite holiday destination & why? - page 2. (Read 2884 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 501
Rajasthan, great palaces, culture and stark barren desert
Postcard beautiful
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
I think New Zealand... it feels so free there.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
I have been to the following destinations:

1. Goa, India
2. Kerala, India
3. Maldives
4. Sri Lanka
5. Singapore
6. Malaysia

Would rate Yala National Park (Sri Lanka) as the best destination I have ever visited. Really calm and serene place, pristine beaches, with lots of natural beauty. Abundant wildlife as well (Elephants, Leopards and Water Buffalo).
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Sardinia. Pristine beaches,gret food and friendly people
Activity: 714
Merit: 503
One of my favorites is Whistler BC Canada. It's only about a 3 hour drive from where I live.  I'm not much of a skier, but the host lost of cool events every year.  crankworx is awesome every year.  They also have the peak to peak gondola, amazing views.  Heli tours, zip line tours, and hiking tours.  You can also fly down the bobsleigh/luge track during the winter that was used in the 2010 Winter Olympics.
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
I would like to see Iceland as is gaining credibility as the "Hollywood of the North" after several blockbusters were shot there, including Oblivion, Prometheus and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
That island is just so beautiful and scenic.
Iceland is a special place. (I almost posted it as my favorite.)

Horseback riding their stout horses around volcanoes and over deep fissures in the earth's crust—what a sensation!

I usually stay at the Hotel Centrum, which is above an archeological site of the first settlement and which also serves as a fascinating exhibit of Viking history.

There's great good, nightlife, and shopping. So many unique places to visit.

I especially enjoy Icelandic literature, and it really came to life after seeing Iceland first hand.

And since finance is my profession, it's also a fun place to visit for the fiscal and monetary side of things. haha.

Above all, though, is the land. I've traveled all over the world and have never found another place that feels as raw and magical as Iceland.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
I would like to see Iceland as is gaining credibility as the "Hollywood of the North" after several blockbusters were shot there, including Oblivion, Prometheus and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
That island is just so beautiful and scenic.
Activity: 406
Merit: 252
The South Pacific.

My most recent trip was to Rarotonga.

Some of the outer atolls of the Cook Islands are breathtaking.
Activity: 294
I know it may sound over rated, but I`d say hawaii. I remember snorkling with the fishes so good.
I've heard from many people that you should go to French Polynesia or some other Pacific country instead. Often much cheaper and not as exploited. And that's a nice combo! Smiley
Activity: 994
Merit: 441
I have been to different destination but my favorite is Ohio right were I live. This last year we had lots of snow and I loved it.
Activity: 294
Of the places I've been to so far, Thailand is definitely the best. That might change in the future when I start traveling full time. I'm ust going to graduate first. Then I'll leave for an undecided amount of time.
Activity: 434
i really just like being out in the wilderness come to think of it. was recently in the mountains a few months ago and i was in a forest with trees that spanned 100 feet high, as far as the eyes could see. it was a trippy moment where i felt like i was no longer on earth. the trees just absorbed all the sound and it just felt weird.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I like any snowy place. I just think it looks absolutely beautiful  Cheesy
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
My fav is the USA - it has some amazing scenery. It's my aim to visit each of the 50 states.

The only place I've been multiple times is the Bahamas. Wife and I like to go every year.
So, that would be my winner.
Activity: 56
I know it may sound over rated, but I`d say hawaii. I remember snorkling with the fishes so good.

Sounds pretty nice  Smiley
Activity: 53
Activity: 196
I usually try to avoid planes if at all possible, so will probably choose one of the other options.
Activity: 588
I was looking at a rail tour but if I can remember it was quite expensive. Going down through France & Spain by train & then over to Morocco by ferry.

it's not that expensive, not at all, also you can go by car, it's better more physically demending but you have that freedom, a similar trip took me 26hrs non stop which is feasable, and you'll have the freedom of having your own car at your disposal, the other way is by plane, which is also cheap, there are many lowcost companies that do Morocco - EU
Activity: 196
I was looking at a rail tour but if I can remember it was quite expensive. Going down through France & Spain by train & then over to Morocco by ferry.
Activity: 588
the place I'd like and I do visite often is Morocco such a wonderful country and it takes, 2 to 3 hours to get there from where I live in Europe 

I was thinking of Morocco for next year. I'm in the UK so it's not that far away from me either.

good choice, did you choose which cities are you going to visit ? just look up the different information and feedback from people that have already visited the country, to see which stuffs suites your taste more than others and the precaution to take when you are visiting a foreign country
Pages:
Jump to: